Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Resolved! HSRP not working

i configured HSRP on my both 6500 switches, but its still not working, i need help here please here is the outputRouter#show standbyFastEthernet4/48 - Group 1 Local state is Active, priority 51, may preempt Hellotime 3 holdtime 10 Next hello sent ...

tariqsako by Level 1
  • 7 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I configured a VLAN with 2 ports on a Cisco 2960 48TT switch and connected a host to one port which is sending a number of unicast, multicast and broadcast UDP messages.Next I connected an analyzer to the other port and observed the unicast and broa...

Resolved! Trunking

Why is it that I cannot use the show interfaces trunk command on a c2924xl en switch.The switch is running c2900xl-c3h2s-mz.120-5.WC10.bin IOS.

One 6509 suffers a power failure in module 3.And the error message is "%OIR-6-PWRFAILURE: Module 3 is being disabled due to power convertor failure This message indicates that the DC-DC power convertor failed on the specified module."Cisco's suggesti...

freedream by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

have a GIGE interface that will only come Up/Up at HALF duplex on a 2821. is there a known IOS issue on this ? the other end is an ASA5010 -- IOS 7.2.1 when we set the ASA to FULL and the MR to FULL = up/dn on MR.2821 ios is: 12.4(13r)T

I know this is quite simple, but the end result continues to elude me..I have two LAN's, 192.168.0.0 (A) and 192.168.100.0 (B). I need the hosts on (B) to talk the servers on (A). I have a Cisco 2801 Router. From (A) I can ping the interface configur...

itfchadrob by Level 1
  • 16 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I constantly receive trap information on 3750 switch for interface up/down and would like to disable this notification. Is there some way to disable the notifications for workstation interfaces and keep trunk interfaces active? Thank you for any assi...

williamka by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Where is NVRAM on a switch? Is it just an EEPROM on the device or is it really FLASH? Just trying to figure it out. Had a router power supply go bad and replaced the device via SmartNet. I've moved the RAM and FLASH over to the replacement, but t...

rmundy by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have a WS-C3524-PWR-XL I'd like to bring in to temporary service, and need to migrate it from STP to PVST. Does anybody know the command(s) to do this? Usually it's "spanning-tree mode pvst", but even with the latest IOS I don't have that option:...

I'm running IOS v12.2(18)When I'm trying to configure the interface, i'm expecting to see the commands "dot1x guest-vlan" and i don't see it. Everything is set up globally and i have the port-control auto set. There is also no auth-fail vlan to set f...