Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hi,The company that hired me has bought cat4500's (4506 w SUP5). One of the things they want to do on them is VLAN bandwidth rate limiting on 1Gbit trunk links. The idea was to use class-based shaping.The job is currently done by policing on 3550's. ...

Jan Jong by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Setting up an asa and I am not able to get the mail to flow. I have the following:mail filter - dmz (natted to public address xx.xx.xx.167)exch server - inside (nat to public address xx.xx.xx.168)Mail obviously is supposed to flow from exch -> filter...

dsturgeon by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi every one, i faced this problem while i was practicing changing AD so plz have a look on it and tell me where i m mistaken.I have 2 routers A and B connected via serial link A serial ip 11.0.0.1/8B serial ip 11.0.0.2/8now i setup some static route...

The scenario is as follows:Wap is connect to port 18 on the switch,and when i check the WAP gui for the forwarding state it is showing me blocking.The error which i see on pot 18 on the switch isSep 19 03:01:04.640: %LINK-3-UPDOWN: Interface FastEthe...

vishwancc by Level 3
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

We have a 6509-E with SUP720-3B running 12.2(18)SXD7b and the above module is not coming on-line. Below is a show module and the result if when the module was inserted into slot 9Router>sh moduleMod Ports Card Type Model ...

swakelen by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,We have recently configured DHCP snooping and DAI. Seems to work okay however if I try to move to another VLAN and lease an IP address it fails with a %SW_DAI-4-DHCP_SNOOPING_DENY. I am new to DHCP snooping however my understanding is that by...

I will be involved in a QoS project and wanted to get some guidance on where to look for information to prep for this project. Also, I wanted to find out if configuring QoS would be a complex assignment and should perhaps take a training course! Than...

skhirbash by Level 1
  • 7 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Resolved! ping problem

hellothere are two 3550 connected using the fa 0/1 port and althought i can ping one another throught interface vlan1 , i cant ping to the interface fa0/1 from the vlan1 using extended ping. also i cant see any routing update in the routing table.can...

bkoum by Level 1
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Lately, Cisco has been recommending a departure from the classic hierarchical campus design model to include a routed access layer instead of a switched access layer.In this new model, it is recommended that the routed access layers (if they are usin...

lamav by Level 8
  • 11 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Is there a way to pass an arguement from the command line to an EEM Policy. For example, if I have a policy foo.tcl, and want to be able to issue commands on a specific interface within the policy by issuing: "event manager run foo.tcl FastEthernet1/...

dboyko by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello all,I have done a couple Hybrid to Native mode conversion's in the past couple month's with no issue. Now I am having some issues. I have a SUP2-MSFC2 with 128DM on the SUP board and 512D on the MSFC2. We have tried multiple MSFC2's and SUP2's...

I have an IBM Bladecenter with two cisco integrated switch modules. Each module has 4 external ports, which I want to connect to my two Cisco 2924 switches. If you are unfamilar with how the bladecenter network works, on each cisco switch, it has 1...

ntwaddell by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hey there all.I am in the process of purchasing a Catalyst 3550 or 3560 Catalyst and need confirmation on software and capibilities. The switch needs to be able to do Private Vlans, have 2 SPAN Ports, and at least 2 GBIC Ports. I am aware that the...