Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hi;If i put an GLC-T (1000BASE-T SFP) on 6500 chassis, does it works with my 10/100 DSL modem. So; can GLC-T module set its speed to 100Mbps automatically?Sorry for this amateur question?

Hello all,I can't find much information pertaining to the above command.I saw the command on a router with the following format:snmp-server community name ROAny help would be appreciated, thanks.

danny9797 by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi there,I am having trouble disabling the sending of syslog messages as SNMP traps. I have entered the command "no snmp-server enable traps syslog" but the switch still sends syslog messages to my snmp traphost. Do i need to fully disable all snmp-s...

I got two switches interconnected on ethernet ports and trunked useing dot1q. They keep changing status from protocol up to down not always the same interval either. Cant paste a config so ask me specific things to diagnose the issue please.

I am trying to configure a Cisco router, a pix and a switch for a charity. I have a Win2k3 server running ISA2000 and a web and mail server behind a Cisco router, firewall and switch. The problem is sending email from remote locations. The cabling...

HiI want to know ,does cat 3550 can advertise dynamic routes learned via bgp to another peer or not ?We have this topology in our network :3660---- cat3550 ---- 3745----- InternetCat 3550 learns the routes from 3660 very well but it does not advertis...

Hi all,we faced a problem with stp on our switch, one of our switch port is oftenly blocked on specific mst on different time intervals, bellow is our existing setup:-we have 4 switches operates purely as layer-2 with MST configuration. we provide la...

Hi,As we know the Cisco PIX/ASA firewalls have the stateful failover feature.Which allow the active the vpn ,http sessions being up during the failover.I am interested in whether Cisco Routers have the similar feature? . Can i keep the active vpn, n...

HelloI have a friend that has dual internet connections coming in for his business. One is a T1 the other is a DSL. Is it possible using the Cisco 1800 with SDM running to setup a failover in case one of his internet connections goes down that outs...

HiI have 6 switch 2950 cascading.but now a days my users faces ping time out problem. suddenly userers faces this problem after some of time ping is going normal.so it is problem is data cable or data traffic ???thanksBiplob

iqbalkhan by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi, I'm not familiar with cisco equipment and I cant find what I'm looking for in the documentation or on the web. Essentially, I want to use an ASA5510 in transparent mode for a bunch of web servers.My firewall experience up to now has been to prote...

chris2222 by Level 1
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes