Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

hello the new cat 4000 has ips and firewall. right? does the use of ips and firewall disable the ability to perform layer3 switching which i mean it will perform process switching? tx ;)

jemekeren by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Ok guys I'm totally lost here.Right now I have 2 3750 switches with 2 vlans created.Vlan1 10.4.10.10 255.255.0.0Vlan300 10.5.10.10 255.255.255.0Vlan 1 holds everything servers, J box, DHCP server, everything, its completely flat network [working grea...

Resolved! VLANs

Hi.I have Cisco 1801.I have created 2 vlan.Vlan1 is 8 static ip, from my providerVlan2 is 8 dynamic (internal 192.168.0.1???) My problem:Vlan1 have internet accessVlan2 not.When possible give to me link to manual, or small Example.Sorry about my Engl...

andriyhar by Level 1
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

All of a sudden, I can;t read flashdir flash: gets a %Error opening flash:/ (Device in exclusive use)I cannot copy a new image.%dev_open CompactFlash already in use%Error erasing flash: (Device in exclusive use)

I have 2 schools using 3750 switches one at each school they are connected by gig fiber?High school is Vlan 100Middle school is Vlan 200Novell Servers are in Vlan 300One DHCP server sitting in Vlan 300Juniper gateway to the internet sitting in Vlan 3...

Ok, I recently picked up a cisco asa 5505. I've been using the ASDM tool to configure it. I've got the internet connection working but am having some trouble getting internet traffic to pass through to our mail server which is located on the local ...

NTidd by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,If want to set, at configuration global level, BPDU Guard AND BPDU filter enable for stp portfast. Is it a good idea ?BPDU guard will shutdwon port if BPDU frame is received and with BPDU filter, a swict ports cannot send BPDU frame.Si, if I do a ...

obacati21 by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have tried all speeds from 1200 to 115200 to accees the port. I can see activity on the router on FA 0/0, EiGRP broadcasts, the ip address of the interface, even the version of IOS but I don't have the password or a printed config. I need access to...

rzurawski by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Resolved! ip route command

What does this command mean?ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 192.168.100.1I have 9 other ip routes in my router configuration but my understanding is that when data packets get to the router and if they don't match any of the other 9 ip routes, that they wil...

dexteroc1 by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes