Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hi all, when I create a dialler interface for isdn, why do I need to put in the remote name, if its for authentivcation, I have already specified this in the ppp chap hostname command ?

Can anyone tell me what the minimum IOS version is needed for a Catalyst 4500 with Supervisor V to support the GLBP command set.The switches need to run the full L3 command set as well.My switches currently have 12.2(18)EW which doesn't have the func...

gilesc by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello,I have the following vlan access-mapvlan access-map MAP_VLAN 10 action forward match ip address ACL_VLANvlan access-map MAP_VLAN 20 action dropvlan filter MAP_VLAN vlan-list 200This is implemented on two Catalyst4006. The VLAN 200 is routed and...

HiI'm having trouble with some connections to a server. I'd like to see where packets are going to in the switch. I have a 3500xl switch. I would appreciate if someone could show me how to capture packets and read there tcp headers. I'm quite sure y...

dan_track by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I want to know the all available catalyst switches(layer2 &3)& their architecture & feature comparison.Any reference document which will focus on history & latest catalyst switches is highly appreciated.

Hi all,I'm new when it comes to Cisco so forgive me if this question has a simple answer to it. At home I use a Scarlet DSL subscription. The configuration comes standard with a CISCO878 router. I can connect up to 4 pc's to this router. However,...

Hi,as i know, "Priority queueing" is not support for subinterface.In Metro Ethernet (WAN link)which are using subinterface connection, a priority queueing is applied into main interface. Is there anything wrong?Thanks!Samuel

hi,everyonei have a 3640 router with c3640-i-mz.12.2-12c.bin IOS and i donwloaded the new bittorent PDLM to block the bitcomet application . i loading the pdlm by examples and make a test on the Bitcomet application,but do not limiting the Bitcom...

xfei_sars by Level 1
  • 8 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I am an audio/video tech and have also done quite a bit of ethernet wiring, but am a newbie to this field, so I apologize in advance for this question. I understand that if a CAT-5 cable with RJ-45 connectors is wired 568A on BOTH ends (or 568B on bo...

AudioGeek by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello,I would like to configure a "private-vlan trunk promiscuous" on a 4500 and I would like to connect the trunk to a PIX firewall. So the PIX will have multiple VLANs interfaces and each of these interfaces will be the layer 3 interface of a prima...

lalain by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes