Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Can anyone tell me if this will work.I have a subnet on 172.30/16 and I want to route to the 172.30.200/24 network, will the pc's on the /16 network look locally for the /24 network or will they look at there default gateway for that network ?thanks

I have cisco 3745 router. Is there any way to filter (access-list) using mac-address? I want to restrict restrict/allow internet use using mac-address.Please help me.

ishwar by Level 1
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

when configuring frame relay, do i have to create a subinterface to use it as point to point ? and do i have to specify this in the config ?

Hi allI need help setting up my new project if poss, I have a remote office that has 3 floors, I was going to vlan each floor off using a router that does vlan routing ? I have 3550 series switches on site, is it worth me utilising one of these ins...

when i open ports up on a firewall, if I have some software that talks to something on say port 445, do I need to open the port inbound or in and out ?

Hi,I am situated at XYZ location and want to access application on server at another location ABC. The application would be a UDP based application and I am not sure that all the hops have that UDP port open or not. Since it’s a UPD not TCP so I cann...

deeshar by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

WE have 3 network(office lan,internet,private network(seprate from office lan)) & 3 user catagory. as 1.user with internet+office lan2.user with private network+office lan3users with internet+office lan+private netowrk.now how i designe such complex ...

If I have a building running eigrp and another running ospf, do I just redistribute on into the other, or do I have to redistribute both into eqch other ?thanksCarl

If I have a core switch in between all of my other switches, and then each switch is uplink to each other for redundancy, will spanning tree block the ports in between each switch and how will it know how to do this as all links are gigabit ?thanks

Hi all, I had a massive problem today with 6 of my switches, They basically were all flashing off and on like mad. all in sync. The problem was intermittant so its still left as is. wE Checked for virus etc but there were none, Is there anything on ...