Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

I'm not sure this is a question for this forum,but i will ask anyway.I have 2 2501's,1 2502, and a 1912 switch.My problem is as follows,with my laptop setup running win2000pro,i can run hyperterminal and it comes up fine without internet connection.M...

We have a couple of Layer 3 switches (Cat-6506) that are etherchannelled together. There are 8 Vlans defined on the switches and we need to configure HSRP on the vlan interfaces. When the HSRP is configured on a vlan int, what would be the default ga...

axfalk by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

We were having problems with our 827H router, so I decided to reset it to the factory defaults and re-run the quick setup. I've done that before with no problems. This time, after it loads the configuration in the web setup, it keeps checking the mod...

habco by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Can someone please point me out to the doc dor configuring dlsw peers. Also, do I need to create a loopback interface in the MSFC (Cat-6506) if it's one of the peers?Thanks.

axfalk by Level 1
  • 10 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Anyone know how I can get IOS to stop prompting me to confirm filename when I save the startup-config and just go ahead and save it?R1#copy running-config startup-configDestination filename [startup-config]?I'm trying to script regular config saves, ...

virtanet by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,I have a 192.168.0.0/24 network and a 192.168.1.0/24 network connected by a Cisco 1711.Even though the two networks are directly connected to each other, there is no routing done.From a host in 192.168.0.0/24, I can't ping any hosts in the 192.168...

a.paradis by Level 1
  • 11 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have a 1711-k9 router I am going to use for VPN. I have configured Fastethernet0 (the WAN port) with no problem. Its just standard ethernet.My problem is, that the LAN side is going through this WIC-4ESW switch.I am sure it is a wonderful tool. But...

I need to upgrade some 3550 switches to 12.1(20)EA1 Is the process of upgrading the IOS the same as say with the 4507's? Never upgraded the 3550's before. Thanks.

mbedell by Level 1
  • 7 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Ok...I said yes to erase the flash when I was moving a file into the router. Now, how do I get a bootable image back into flash? I am connected through telnet and am at a rommon prompt. Thanks - Wayne "eraserhead"

xtech by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Can anyone tell me what the number in parens and letters mean in the version numbers of the IOS on cisco devices.ex: 12.3(7)T and 12.3(4)XD

mrashby by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,I am trying to enable broadcast control in my network.I am using layer2 2950 and 3550 switches.someone please tell me what is the ideal packets per second must be set on a particular interface.by default it's rising 500 and falling 250.When i set ...

This is the small part of the network design that i want to seek advice from the forum .++ we have two cisco 2950 switch switch1 ==gigabit trunk == switch2 .we want trunking to enable between these two two switches by using there gigabit ethernet...