Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

I am used of using the Cat5 cabling on my working environment and now they want to move to using the Category 6 (1000Base-T) cable. Could someone show me on how could I do the CrossOver, Straight, RollOver cabling Pin-assingment on a Cat6 cable using...

Hello,Sorry for cross-posting with the LAN switching and routing forums but I've realised only now that perhaps this is the right forum.We are planning o build a switched network using 3750G-24TS-S1U switches.Reading through the documentation I have ...

crysm by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have a customer with a 1710 router that has 1 remote site that VPN's in and runs a dos app locally that accesses data at the host site.Would changing the packet size in the router have any effect on the speed of the connection? File transfers are ...

I'm currently having the same problem on a couple of different sites running different hardware - one is a 1600, one is an 837. The issue is that the DHCP bindings table keeps filling up when it should not. On closer inspection it becomes evident tha...

theclam by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi All CCIE'S and cisco champions...It's a basic question about IP but i don't know it and i am eager to know it..........Please help me out.....I have some data to share with you and then i have some confusions that i like to ask.I captured the pack...

I have 2610XM. I have configured register value to 0x101 for bext reload into RxBoot mode(Mini IOS), but it did'nt work on 2610XM, it work successfully on Cisco 2522, Why this, Is there any other register value for 2610XM to boot into RxBoot mode.Ple...

Hi,I was able to borrow a 2610 that has 1 Ethernet, 1 aux and 1 serial port. I want to practice routing on the two interfaces -- serial and Ethernet and I want to do this at home. The ethernet side is easy but what cable and/or special configura...

rleyba828 by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi..We use cisco 2950 switches in several locations at our campus. All of them are locked up in cabinets. Some of these cabinets are located 2 to 3 meters away from clerks and receptionists working in an old building with no rooms designed to enclose...

mo shea by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,Its a basic think but pls help me out..As per the theorey...layer 2 switch performs the three fuctions mainly, learning forwarding and loop avoidance.In a multilayer switch we can put the ACL and implement the QOS features.I am surprised, that we ...

Hi Guys,i have just setup 2 routers point-to-point with DB60 back-to-back cable.Routers is configured with only ip addresses.RouterA is able to self-ping and the next-hop(RouterB).RouterB is only able to ping to next-hop (RouterA) BUT not self-ping.A...

Greetings,I am looking to set up a little lab and what I want to do is be able to use the Cisco CallManager 4.0 software and be able to configure a 7960 IP Phone. What problem I am running into is finding out exactly what I need to do this. I do not ...

dallas31 by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

We are NATing the outside source address of the serverA.Our configuration:ServerA (172.23.1.5/24)RouterA (Eth0- 172.23.1.1/24, S0- 172.16.3.2/30)RouterB (S0- 172.16.3.1/30, Eth0- 192.168.27.2/29)Firewall ServerB (198.203.239.66)We can ping and tracer...

henry by Level 1
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes