Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Guys,I plan to use the gigabit uplink on a 2960-48TT to connect the switch to a Catalyst 3548XL. The 3548 will have a 1000-baseT gigabit module installed (WS-G5483. This is going to be an ordinary 1000-baseT uplink - no fiber involved. Is there an...

MTU

The default Maximum Transmission Unit (MTU) size for frames received and transmitted on all interfaces on the switch stack is 1500 bytes , on a gigabit interface v can increase the MTU from 1500 bytes upto 9000 bytes by using System jumbo mtu command...

I've been given an old Cisco 2500 router from work and the enable mode is password protected. I've read the password recovery document. The ctrl-break key sequence don't work. The command o/r 0x2142 returns "% Unknown command or computer name, or una...

westy9564 by Level 1
  • 8 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

We have 140 workstations connected to 2924's running through ONE 100Mb port on a central switch accessing 15 servers that reside on a GB switch. The port is at 90%. Wondering if we should trunk 100Mb ports or commit to buying a centralized GB switc...

we have private network address(192.168.2.0) in our network plugged with cisco 2950 unconfigure switch.Q1.can we creat vlan with private address ?Q2.Can we communicate among vlans usng switch only ?Q3.Can we bind bandwidth on particular vlan ?

Hi guys, Currently configuring an ASA 5520 for a customer. Some of the things they want require me to route, but it doesn't seem like the ASA can route things either properly or at all. Can anyone tell me if the ASA is capable of routing? Here'...

rstrunk by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello,I am confused with the "silent" mode when used with PAGP "auto" and "desirable" modes. "CCNP BCMSN exam certification guide" book, says that "silent" is used when peer is not capable of sending Pagp frames (does not participate in pagp), so th...

bobgrante by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello,Does anyone know what are the etherchannel parameters silent/non-silent used for?I've read the following info from CCO but I don't understandsilent : Keyword that is used with the auto or desirable mode when no traffic is expected from the othe...

c.lemaire by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Does anyone know if Cisco offers a device that is capable of performing layer2/3 services (supports T1 cards) that is in a smaller footprint then say the 2800 series.Thanks,

bw3481 by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Situation:2 catalyst 6506 with supervisor 720;the L2 is root on switch A but L3 is active on switch B;the client and the server are in the same VLAN;the client have 2 network drive mapped vs the server (drive x and y \\server\share);when a client (a ...

Hi all,We are trying to setup a bulk SMS system to transmit SMSs.I have to setup a connection with the service provider.We have been told we need to use VPN over our link. We are connecting our sites through ATM since we both have ATM.Here it the con...

dukenukem by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card