Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hi, i have a 2621 with a WIC-E1 for the leased line connection, FE0/0 for LAN and FE0/1 is the second WAN link.Have a tunnel running over the E1 link, now I need a backup solution if the E1 goes down over the FE0/1 interface

fmitev by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Imagine you are hired by a business that needs assistance with their LAN/WAN. There is no documentation and all you have is a laptop and telnet/ssh. How would you go about discovering the network(s) and how things interconnect ? Also, what would you ...

tufer0001 by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

HelloI'm incorporating a technique into our network that uses a dual slot network card. The driver of these cards also makes it so that both NICs have the same MAC. both of the network cards are linked to a cicso 4500 catalyst switch. the link work...

Currently, our LAN configuration consists of 2 PIX 515E's, a LocalDirector 417, and a number of Catalyst 2950 switches. All of the servers (web, app and db) inside our DMZ have gigabit NIC cards and we are wanting to take advantage of that.Questions...

bhhouston by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi to all...i'm a newcomer to this forum,From PC, able to telnet to standby switch but unable to telnet to primary switch. Primary and standby switches are connected through uplink.Ping response is positive from primary switch.Was able to telnet befo...

shreecisco by Level 1
  • 13 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi I am getting the following messages on some devices. What is the cause? What can I do? Is that normal? What can I do to fix it?1.-SYSCONFIG TRAP RECEIVED2.-A MAJOR SYSLOG EVENT HAS OCCURRED3.-BROADCAST STORMThanksRegards Leonardo

Hello all. I need to connect around 70 computers to gigabit network ports. Although I am not a networks person, unfortunately I have to select and buy the switching equipment necessary (don't ask how I got into this trouble). What our networks people...

na2005lib by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Where can I get a 10 digit enhanced features key? I have contacted Cisco and they sent me to a local supplier who seems to not want to talk. How much would it be bearing in mind the cost of ebay switches? And if anyone can recomend a supplier? It...

wybornr11 by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I need to lock down the bandwidth awailable to one port of a 3550. I understand the bandwidth command is present but non functional on the 3550 but have not been able to have the port get any slower during testing. I'm trying to use 8000 bits per sec...

mshickell by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I am in charge of a new installation of 25 laptops with wireless a/g connectivity. The installation will also include video conferencing capability. The equipment list in addition to the laptops, includes a 506e firewall, an 806 router, a 2950 switc...

compserv by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Please could you advise if it is possible with the Cisco Access 350 or 1200 access points it it is possible to have one connected to my wired LAN. Then to configure a repeater via RADIO to connect to the first AP. Then on the RADIO AP to connect it t...

coleman34 by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I am trying to upgrade the image on my SUP1A-MSFC to c6msfc-jsv-mz.121-26.E1. In order to do so I needed to use a flash card because the new image is too big for the bootflash. So I formatted the flash card in the CatOS and uploaded the image. I t...

risaac by Level 1
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I need assitance in selecting the proper router that will support 6 seperate LANs. the following information is all i have at this point.(1) T1-PRI (23 ch) Voice & Fax(1) Ring Down (9.6k) Telephone(1) 10/100 to LAN A(1) 10/100 to LAN B(1) 10/100 to I...

Djones11 by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Another question! :) ... bare with me while i learn! I need to connect 3 distinint LANS's (i.e on seperate Subnets, in 1 building with about 5 users per segment). They need layer 3 functionality.The two choices I see are a L3 switch, or a router. For...