Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hey !I couldn't understand how to add additional ports to a router in Packet Tracer. By additional ports I mean layer 3 ports which can be assigned ip addresses and not the switching ports. Thanks!

Biggish by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello,I can't form SVL over QSFP ports, why?and they are not QSFP modules, it's part of the chassis.however, I can form the SVL over SFP+ 10G. P.S. my command are not being rejected or something, after I put stackwise-virtual link 1 under the qsfp po...

WiLL-I-Am by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 10 Helpful votes

Our 6880X VSS pair was powered down for a move and now the secondary 6880X won't come back online.  It seems to be stuck in a booting loop.  Any idea what the problem is?  I tried resetting the supervisor with reset button and hard rebooting a couple...

davinci by Level 1
  • 11 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello,i have a N3k_C3064PQ-10GX and i want to secure control plane, i want to permit only trusted ip address and deny all other ips, because i am using dynamic ips it s hard to tune the access lists,so is there anyway that in C3064 permit only truste...

Resolved! STP for a beginner

the switches in the picture are how they are connected now.. the internet starts on switch 201.. but it goes through 202 to arrive finally at 203.. when really i think the traffic would be better sent directly to 203 instead of hoping through 202.. i...

HelpWithSpanningTree.PNG
joshhboss by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I am replacing a pair of Nexus 5K using HSRP with VSS 9500x40. The SVI have dhcp relay on all the interface the same commands doesn't work on the 9500. What would be the commands to replace this. I am not sure if relay is even needed since dhcp serve...

jfeo by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 5 Helpful votes

I recently accessed a switch and attempted the "show switch" command. It acts like the command doesn't exist. Why would I receive this result? Are there some switches that don't support the command? Thanks,J

UncleJP by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I need to do NAT, Virtual stackwise, and routing protocols(OSPF) probably will be doing BGP in a few month as well... I am unfamiliar with this new registration system, should I create instance tokens from Cisco Smart Account and insert it in the con...

WiLL-I-Am by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card