Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

I am trying to connect three servers with static IP addresses on the LAN Ports (0-3) of a C921. If I try to assign a static IP address to Port 0, it is refused with a message stating the an IP address cannot be assigned to a Layer 4 port. Is there a ...

snwhi by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello Team,I'm trying to do a Nexus 7K lab, but when I try to activate (feature lacp) it gives me error message as below.7K-1(config)# feature lacpErrorIf somebody experience the same issue and what's the fix for this issue.Please let me know. Thank ...

Hi,I'm a bit confused about the following.I want to stack two CBS350-24XS devices in native mode, as they are the same model. However, I'm trying to determine the maximum size of the ARP table, but I'm finding conflicting information. From what I can...

It's my first time configuring multicast on a switch. Do I need to configure both Layer 3 and Layer 2 for multicast on a single VLAN that is in DHCP? Should I enable IP multicast routing on Layer 3 and PIM sparse-mode on that VLAN? Also, do I need to...

What is the best practice when it comes to using DAI, UDLD, and BPDU Guard together?Usually, on trunk ports I set DAI to "trusted" when it is feeding other managed switches or equipment but endpoints I have it set to not trusted for anything else.Wit...

We are experiencing an unusual issue concerning SSH connections to Cisco 9200L switches. We recently migrated from Cisco 2960 switches to Cisco 9200L models. When connecting from the same network using a Linux server, SSH to the switches works succes...

bristi by Level 1
  • 17 replies
  • 1 Helpful votes

Good day,Can someone let me know if the Cisco catalyst 4948 power supply is hot swappable or not. I have a few switches with 2 power supplies, but each have 1 power supply fan not functioning (got this info. from the NMS as well as seeing red light o...

kevrmf by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,We were conducting some simulations using Huawei switch and Cisco switch. We observed that the Huawei switch is detecting CRC errors for video multicast output, while the Cisco switch is not detecting any CRC errors.Cisco Switch Model: CATALYST 38...

ash93 by Level 1
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card