cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Cisco CyberSecurity

Labels

Forum Posts

I'm new to the PIX and used the PDM Startup Wizard and VPN Wizard to configure my PIX 506e. I have very simple needs: my inside network connects to the ISP via PPPoE and want to be able to VPN from any outside IP address and access any address on m...

I have tried to configure the Cisco VPN client to load in a predefined area as well as accept my .pcf files. I have tried the old oem.ini file and even the vpnclient.ini. I find no documentation on this version and was wondering if anyone has alrea...

dpatkins by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Two routers connected together.IPSEC IKE failure with following error message"%CRYPTO-6-IKMP_MODE_FAILURE: Processing of Quick mode failed with peer"Cannot understand what is wrong with following configs. Assistance PLEASERouter1#show runBuilding con...

network27 by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have a PIX 515 and I need to have just the DMZ machines talk to an inside IP for our UPS that is on the inside.My DMZ network is 1.1.1.65 with a subnet mask of 255.255.255.224 and my inside 1.1.1.128 with a subnet mask of 255.255.255.128. I want to...

mark by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

My configuration is such that my 3005 sits in the DMZ of my PIX. I am creating a L2L VPN with a business partner. The partner has requested NO RFC1918 through the tunnel. Thus I need to NAT the FTP host that this partner will access. This FTP hos...

bejar by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello,I have one Cisco ASA 5520 which has 3 interfaces.1- Interface gigabitEthernet0/0 (Name: outside, security-level 0)2- Interface gigabitEthernet0/1 (Name: inside, security-level 100) 3- Interface gigabitEthernet0/2 (Name: vpnbranch, security-leve...

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6922/products_command_reference_chapter09186a008069c11f.html#wp1010369Since IPSec defines two protocols: Authentication Header (AH) protocol and Encapsulating Security Payload (ESP) protocol.I find I am some how ...

Can somebody tell me wht happens when the IPSEC SA lifetime mismatch happens in a VPN tunnel ? i tried creating a mismatch on two cisco routers but it worked without any problem. just wanted to confirm tht if theoritically it inflicts the IPSEC traf...

swapnendum by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 5 Helpful votes

Pls see my PIX version and the Hardware details below:Cisco PIX Firewall Version 6.3(5)Hardware: PIX-525, 256 MB RAM, CPU Pentium III 600 MHzFlash E28F128J3 @ 0x300, 16MBI added a host on the IPsec tunnel, run the following command: FW# sh crypto i...

cheungkfk by Level 1
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Has anyone ran into this problem before?I have a 3845 running VPN software that connects to a 3000 connectrator. The problem is that the tunnel drops and when it does that the only way it can be brought back up is if I initate interesting traffic fro...

wgranada1 by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello,I have just purchased a 857. I would like a couple of users to VPN in to access a server on the LAN. What are my options here? I can't seem to find any instructions to do this. Do I need to purchase the Cisco VPN Cleint software or is there any...