cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Cisco CyberSecurity

Labels

Forum Posts

On a PIX 506 which is better, conduits or access lists with static mappings. I keep thinking that I've heard its more secure to move away from conduits and toward acls and statics.

rutledgek by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

We just recently moved to a new office building that has its own router and DHCP server that connects to the Internet with a T1. We connect into it using our Linksys WRT54G wireless router and use the DHCP on the linksys for our LAN boxes.The LAN si...

mdboyce by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello,I'm having a problem getting a Check Point Secure Remote client to work over a PIX PATed interface. Here's the problem:User is on a 10.x.x.x network here. They are PATed to an interface on the Cisco PIX as they head to the Check Point VPN ter...

dwalsh by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Guys,Will a Cisco 2610 series router with IOS Version 11.3(2)XA4 Release Software (fc1) support Remote VPN Access using Windows standard VPN Clients (i.e. PPTP or LT2P over IPSec) over a broadband LAN based remote access connection.I'm thinking of pu...

vmolinaro by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,I am working on the offsite of a small data center where they ultilize VPN 3000 box for the remote access VPN. The production network is using the VPN 3000 with the image version of 3.5.2. Recently, they have purchase a new VPN 3000 box for the of...

wongwm by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

unit seemed to work fine. I did a boot up w/ rotary dial 6 to erase an old config. I reset to rotary 0.Unit boots up fine & config is blank HOWEVER, unit does not seem to accept any config commands.I tryed another hard boot - same result.Please adv...

rpickard by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Can someone tell me if I can use VPN client from my office to connect to my home network (PIX connected to cable modem) to by pass Corp Internet policy?In other words if I make a client connection form office to my PIX can i use my cable internet con...

Connection is SBC DSL service via PPPoE connection, I play an online game called Everquest. According to thier tech people this is what I need to configure the firewall to get acces for the 4 computers that are connected to the 501.-A TCP connection ...

admin_2 by Level 3
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have a Cisco 3005, running software version 4.0.1. I have got following authentication settings working:1. PKI certificate authentication within the concentrator; no password2. PKI certificate authentication within the concentrator + password authe...

jinyu1 by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have a Cisco Pix to Checkpoint VPN tunnel to connect a remote office. This works fine however as part of a DR project another Pix firewall will be installed in a remote office. My question is, is it possible for the first pix to have 2 vpn tunnels ...

ricey by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello,I have to build a tunnel between a Router 831 and a VPN Concentrator 3005.The router is connected to an ADSL Modem , The ADSL Modem give him a dynamic IP adress and make a NAT.On the Concentrator side, I have a FW with 3 interfaces.My first que...

I am trying to get the Cisco VPN client (winXP) to connect to a PIX, but the client is also behind a PIX and its not passing traffic (connects OK). The diagram goes like this...vpnclient-->pix_1-->internet--pix_2-->target_networkEverthing looks good ...

jfogg by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes