Wireless

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Labels

Forum Posts

Hi all,I need to analyse options for starting using WPA2 with our Wireless network. I have been looking around Cisco web site, but can not find definite answer if our kit can be upgraded (hardware and/or software) to support this.We have mixture of f...

I am trying to convert Airnet 1220 AP's from thick to thin so I can use a 4400 WLAN controller. I've upgraded the AP's to the latest firmware release. When I use the upgrade tool I receive the following error in the error log.2008/10/08 21:27:40 IN...

jimcalano by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

All,I have an AP that was configured like this:dot11 ssid <ssid-wep> authen openDo0ip address 1.1.1.1 255.255.255.0encryption key 1 size 128bit <wep key> transmit-key encryption mode wep mandatoryssid <SSID>bridge-group 1fa0ip address 1.1.1.1 255.2...

Hi all,i've got a 877w and i need to configure it only as a access point.Can i trunk the 877 wich my lan and pass vlans from my lan to the 877 and associate one ssid to each vlan? IOS Version: C870 Software (C870-ADVSECURITYK9-M), Version 12.4(4)T8.t...

joao by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,I've setup a external web auth page to work with our WiSM and if you enter the correct login details, it allows the user onto the WLAN as planned.However, if the user details are incorrect, it just returns you back to the external web auth page - ...

Good Day,Although fire codes vary from municipality to municipality, I'd like to present this question for general consideration/comment.We are considering an installation of 1252(n)APs using poe. The plan is to use existing hard plenum cable that pr...

ihouse205 by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have a wlc 2106 controller with 5 aironet 1510 APs connected and am having a slight problem with one of the APs. It is not able to join the controller and the log shows this output;Oct 08 11:27:49.112: [ERROR] spam_lrad.c 1668: spamProcessJoinReque...

marc by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

We use an Aironet 1220 AP. We have 2 SSID's, 1 with 802.1x and the other we want to not use any encryption and this one will not broadcast. The 802.1x SSID uses WEP for encryption. The firmware is 12.3(8)JA2. Is it possible to do have 2 SSID's, 1 wit...

carnold5 by Level 1
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

So I have a 526 mobility express controller and 3 521 APs. I've got the APs working but not handing out the DHCP info. My tiny little network has the address range of 192.168.0.0-255, 1 being the dhcp server(its a little dlink). I have the managem...

grgenbrad by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi there, I'm experiencing some issues with a 1310 LWAPP on a University, here is the scenario:The AP is directed to some specific classrooms and at a certain point the radio goes down or at least there is no more communication between the clients an...

I'm looking into upgrading current Cisco 1232 (G) to an (N) solution. Can I upgrade the 1232 with a radio change only or will the 1232 not accept the change? Will I have to replace the 1232 with a 1252. If anyone has a white paper on this it would be...

I'm implementing a Cisco mesh topology, and I would like to know if there is possible for me to have the mesh topology in one site and the wireless lan controller in a remote location, through the internet.