Network Security

Engage with peers and experts on network security topics such as FTD, FMC, FDM, CDO and ASA.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Cisco CyberSecurity

Labels

Forum Posts

I have configured a PIX 515E, OS 7.0(1) f?r dynamic PAT from the inside network to the outside interface ip address of the PIX. I have also configured access lists allowing icmp from inside to outside and from outside to inside. All traffic (www, dns...

giamwi by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I want to upgrade IDSM2 from 4.1 to 5.1 and I don't have Cisco Services for IPS. Should I first buy IPS-SW-K9-U (Upgrade CD for Cisco IPS Sensor SW, w/o SW App Support) and then buy Cisco Services for IPS for signature or upgrade is covered with Cisc...

bsiki by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

In preparation for upgrading the primary 525 PIX to version 7, I tried installing v7 on my lab 506e. Using monitor mode the install failed and now the 506e is in a reboot loop. I tried using re-installing version 7 like the upgrade troubleshooting su...

mikef by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have a new ASA 5520 installed, with much thanks to this group, and its working perfectly.I did notice one caveat that isnt quite right, and cant figure out however.When we had a linksys as the firewall, it did NAT and DHCP for the clients and in th...

mx by Level 1
  • 7 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have central office pix and remote sites that use dhcp from isp. central has static. I am attemping to setup tunnels that allow access between sites. tunnels appear setup, however, i am unable to connect to any thing at the remote sites. I can use ...

I have a question about the "show fail" output below. Note that the secondary pix on which it was run shows "Active time" 4475970 seconds - about 52 days. But it shows the primary pix as "Active time 91301925 seconds - about 1056 days. How can the...

mmedwid by Level 3
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I'm having a strange issue when uploading very specific files (ONLY .CSV) through my PIX firewall. For whatever reason, only this file format fails when users upload to any FTP site, and it always fails after about 65000(+/-) bytes. Renaming the fi...