Optics and Optical Networking

Engage with peer and Cisco experts about pluggable optics (Optics) and optical transport networks (Optical Networking).
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Learn how to make your network more efficient when you transition to Routed Optical Network.

Forum Posts

We are purchasing 3 ONS 15454 shortly. The main usage of the boxes will be to use Channelized OC12(SONET) transport delivery from TELCO, do the grooming of channels and connect to 6509s with CH. OC12 card.The layout will be like below.6 Telco CH. DS3...

smunzani by Level 1
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

It's my 1st crack at configuring one of these so, what would be suggested for the following application?One pair of Cisco 15454’s -Fiber Type 2 Leaf Fibers Single mode - OC12 backbone with provisioning for: OC3, DS3, EtherNet 10/100 meg, GigE, DS1

daharris by Level 1
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello All -I'm having trouble with a Windows XP SP2 machine connecting to our 454. The java applet loads correctly but eventually "kicks" me out. I'm curious if there are any compatibility issues with XP browsers, etc. I've tried different JRE load...

admin_2 by Level 3
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

In a previous thread a week ago I mentiond setting up a CWDM between a couple of switches(3550). I have received the CWDM modules (1530nm) and am awaiting the cables and VOA. I put in the gibs into the switches and they are recognized howere I am con...

bunker by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

We have a situation where some equipment did not come in and we are trying to bring up a circuit that was going to be GigE over SONET end to end but isn't possible at this time. What we are going to try is to have a 7200 router with a GigE interface...

smif101 by Level 4
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

If we have two 15454 MSTPs DWDM boxes, can the east be configured in one box while the west side is configured in the other box?In other words can you have first box with the west config -----------------------------------Slot 1 Line Rx from span fib...