Optics and Optical Networking

Engage with peer and Cisco experts about pluggable optics (Optics) and optical transport networks (Optical Networking).
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Learn how to make your network more efficient when you transition to Routed Optical Network.

Forum Posts

Hello everyone. I have a problem linking to my pc clients from my 3750X. We have just changed the old Infrastructure from 3750 switches to 3750X switches, recabling the old MTRJ to LC an using the same networkadapters as before. After the change i...

I need to install a Cisco CIIE-2000-4TS-L into a flameproof enclosure for underground coal mining in Australia.  The Australian standard ( AS/NZS 60079.0 clause 6.6.2 states 6.6.2 Lasers or other continuous wave sources NOTE The values for Ga, Gb, a...

s.western by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,  I understand 10Gbe and I know how differently it can be delivered over different hand off viz commonly 10GBaseSR, LR, ER, ZR etc. This is how we deliver them on LAN side..but how are they related with LAN and WAN PHY hand off and when such hand ...

We have several WS-C3560E-48TD switches with the network module installed.  At this time those modules have 1G SFPs.  We'd like to replace those SFPs with 10G SFPs (new fiber runs, same SFP on both sides of the fiber) in the same port slot. Is it ne...

HI I need your help. We are planning to build a network with fiber ring type topology. I want to know what are devices to use. The ring consist of total 4 location one of them is data center. Some told me about Cisco ONS to fulfill this task. What ar...