Other Security Subjects

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

“Get

Forum Posts

I seem to have lost the ability to attach to a Pix 525 running 6.2 using the PDM interface. Reloading the PIX hasn't helped. No error message in the log. Browser just says can't find server. I was in this PIX using PDM just two days ago and not...

Hello All!I am familiar with vpn technics, but not with the x.509 and pki topcs, I just started reading about that a couple of weeks ago.If I want to do authentication with x.509 certificates, I have to get somehow the private key on the client.I fou...

kiksen1 by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

If I want the option to access the Cisco IDS 4210 (running 4.0-2-S47) initially from any host, do I have to define ACLs with a list of allowed hosts? When I don't define any (empty list), I find that I can't get to the sensor. However, in the IDM GUI...

msmitha by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi, Does outside nat only support outside->inside/dmz translations?Does it support dmz->inside traffic if I specify "nat (dmz) ..... outside"?Basically, is PIX allow dmz->inside traffice(low security -> high security)initiated using "nat" and "global...

mjia by Level 1
  • 7 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Can anyone tell me how to input characters such as ³ or Å or ® into a router. When I try inputing these I get a totally different charcter than I was expecting. I believe these are ansi set characters and I dont know if Cisco devices use another ch...

The IDSM-2 module documentation warns (frequently!) about properly shutting down the blade before removing it from the 6500. (Since the Linux version running on the box predates EXT3, the box runs non-journaled file systems which are subject to corr...

csthomas by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have a broadband adsl connection with no fixed IP address provided.How should I configure on my PIX firewall especially on the outside interface as how to put in my username and password for aunthentication.

ddicky by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have a Concentrator VPN3015 (3.6.7), and I'm using IPSec Client 3.6. I have configured 3 groups with internal authentication, each group permit remote access an authentication RADIUS. This configuration works, but, one self user can belong to this ...

soylo by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

1. How do you obtain CTR? If we purchase an IDS sensor (4210 for example) is it included with the applicance? Or is it a seperate purchase, such as you would have to buy CiscoWorks or some other package to get it.2. Does CTR only work with IDS applia...

cscott by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I recently received an IDSM-2 blade for my Cat6K. One setup problem I had was I couldn't find documentation anywhere on how the sensor ports are used. I'm posting this note in the hope it saves someone else some time.The IDSM-2 blade appears to the...

csthomas by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes
Top Solution Authors