Other Security Subjects

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

“Get

Forum Posts

I am installing a PIX 515 with a failover box. Both units are connected via the failover cable. The problem I am having is that the primary unit is showing that it does not have Failover enabled. When I try to enable it, I am being told I do not h...

I am new to cisco ids. our company already has an IDS blade in the cat 6509 switch. We also have pix but there I was told that PIX is Vulnerable to the following attacks: UDP Flood IP Range Scan DoS/DDoS HTTP attacks spanning multiple attacks 1. Can ...

Hello,My questions are related to the IPLOGs (raw packet payload data). I'm planning to setup IPLOG for high/medium events only because they're the ones we usually need to look into the raw data.1. When a high/medium event is triggered, it would gene...

msmitha by Level 1
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello,I am looking for a document/link for setting up security on an internet router. What Access lists should be implemented; services denied both inbound and outbound. A common practice type document would be great. In particular, what are the ra...

kbrookov by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I need to confiure Ssh on our switches with catOS. Reading up on it I guess you have to do an IP permit list. Is this IP permit list mandatory or optional. I basically just need SSH and need to be able to get to the switches from all our subnets.Than...

gaban by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Dear all,I have set up a VPN with IOS routers using GRE tunnels over IPSec. It seems to be working, but I am very surprised that 1) incoming on the Internet interface I can see a few GRE packets as well as many IPSec packets2) outgoing on the Interne...

berndtonn by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes