cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Don't miss this Cisco Catalyst 8000 offer

Labels

Forum Posts

Finding accurate answers to your questions and issues is always gratifying, but what if these answers are shared globally across different languages? The Cisco Community team has been working on a proof of concept (PoC) to take Accepted Solutions in...

translator.png Asolution.png htlm-source.png insertcode(1).png
Kelli Glass by Community Manager
  • 7 replies
  • 16 Helpful votes

In a ethernet framework the Address Resolution Protocol(ARP) does the address learning that is associating ip address with mac address, I studied the HDLC protocol which is used as layer 2 protocol in serial links and found that there is a 8 bit addr...

Hi Friends,I need a kind help on the routing side.I have a customer with a central office and 10 branches on the ntework. On the central office i use a 7206VXR Router. And at Branches 2821 Router. HQ to Branch is planning to run on MPLS VPN connectio...

My router is setup with two vlans on ethernet subinterfaces using dot1q. However, when my wireless clients try to get a dhcp address from the router, it hands out the address from the domain controller. Here are my router settings. Trunks have bee...

What happens when the ip sla does not receive a response w/in 1000 milliseconds? Do I need to set the delay under track 100?ip sla 10icmp-echo 10.1.1.10 source-ip 10.1.1.23freq 10timeout 1000!track 100 rtr 10 reachabilitydelay down 15 up 20!route-ma...

I'm trying to run OSPF but when I try to configure it, this is what happens:ALLEN-1.11.5-CoreSW(config)#router ospf 1ALLEN-1.11.5-CoreSW(config)#It has the IP BASE image. Do I need IP Services?Here is a sh version:ALLEN-1.11.5-CoreSW#sh verCisco IOS...

mgar18777 by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi, when we edit multiple lines in a prefix list in a Cisco 12K, we are getting this message "prefix-list currently locked" and we cannot continue to configure for a period of time.Router(config)#ip prefix-list PRFX-NAME seq 391 permit A.B.C.0/24 ge ...

mjgarate by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

HiI know my question might seem very simple Why is it suggested to shutdown unused ports on the switch and also unused vlans like vlan 1How soes it pose a security issue in the networkPlease reply i will appreciate any response

Hello All:I have no experience on PIX firewalls and am considering buying an older one on Ebay to work/train on and use in a lab environment. Can someone point to a model number that would be worth looking into? Someone suggested a PIX 515E?Any advi...

js358 by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

HiI have some confusion in BGP Best path selection process. As per order,1. WEIGHT2. LOC Pref3. Locally generated path via Network/redistribution command4. AS-PATH5. Lowest OriginHere i am confused between 3rd and 5th Point. For me Both seems to be s...

I have a new 2851 running IOS 12.4(22)YB1. It has a VIC3-2FXS/DID card in slot 0/0 and a VWIC2-1MFT-T1/E1 in slot 0/3. in the running config, I can see the config for the voice-ports, but nothing for the controller. When I run 'show controllers' I ge...

Hi, Appologies - Posted in wrong section. Have reposted in firwalling section.I have a site-to-site VPN from a remote office to a HQ site. At the remote site I have an ISR 877 ADSL router(zone based firewall) and a PIX 523 (7.2) at the HQ site. The ...

Hi All,I have Internet link and I want whether can we configure any compression on that so that I can use it more effectively. If it can then when for de-compression we need to configure something at the receving end.Please help. Thanks in Advance