Routing

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Labels

Forum Posts

Hello, I'll explain the situation to you:I have a cisco router at the heart of the network, and I provide transit to some clients via BGP.The problem is that some of my customers sometimes advertise their prefixes to me, and sometimes through another...

Hi All, I am having difficulty creating a proper IPSEC NAT-T configuration for my C1117-4PLTEEA ISR router running Cisco IOS XE17.03 nat-t'ing to the local siemens ruggedcom firewall. I have created the dynamic nat rules that allow outgoing internet ...

fastkyle by Level 1
  • 0 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

As I read in documents , in case of BGP RIB failure , it do advertise RIB failure route to their peers but I tested in lab (eveng ) RIB failure prefix is not getting advertise to their peer (i have not used suppress inactive command ).. pls find the ...

I have a 3945 acting as an MPLS CE router. G0/0 is WAN port. G0/1 and G0/2 are connected to separate 3850 switches.Identified packet loss on the WAN link. Investigation showed that if we closed the two LAN ports the packet loss stopped. IE a ping fro...

Greetings, I have a problem with SM-X-16G4M2X Module on my new ISR, I usually had to deal with SM-X-ES3-16-P Modules and I could access them pretty easy.Meanwhile now I am not able to access that module as I usually did on the other modules with the ...

Hi All, Have a peculiar issue with an eBGP session on a point to point link betwen two C9500 devices. This was working up until now and there has been no configuration change at either end. Now it keeps dropping off at 45 seconds. Other eBGP and iBGP...

Resolved! VLAN creep.

I have a Lan to Lan service connecting a remote office ( fiber metro area network) to our central office. I have the central office uplink switch port Te1/1/25 assigned to Vlan 242, the switch port at remote office does not have a VLAN assignment.  H...

cmatthias by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Trying to create a GRE tunnel between two routers that cross another network.I have the following configs on the routers, I can ping across the tunnel, everything seems to work until I try adding ospf.then I  the following error: FULL to DOWN, Neighb...

rtr config.GIF
scottshaw2 by Level 1
  • 30 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

for Auto-RP, we configure multiple candidate RPs to prevent single point of failure.what abt the Mapping Agent? Q1/ if MA is down, can the multicast still work?Q2/ do we need to configure multiple MAs as well?to configure MA on the same router as 2nd...

I have two ASNs registered under two different entities but belonging to my company. One ASN is in ARIN and the other one is in APNIC. I have recently signed up for co-location services with a Datacenter. I want to advertise both the ASNs and I know ...

nitaish by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello,I am running into some issues with my home network. I have gig internet from cox and the modem router combo they gave me isnt a great router. so i was trying to set up a layer 3 switch to act as an interim router and connect my own WAP to that ...

peyixaca by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes