Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

I have an ISR4331 running IOS XE 3.16.3S with IOS 15.5(3)S3. The "show control-plane host open-ports" command (very useful for showing what ports the router is listening on)  is an unrecognized command. Also, the "control-plane host",  "control-plane...

Hello,As I'm not that familiar with Cisco equipment, I need some clarification about ports placement on card C9400-LC-48U, are ports placed like in picture I attachedOr they are scheduled in upper row: 1-6; 13-18; 25-30; 37-42 / bottom row 7-12; 19-2...

ports.jpg
Andrey.A by Level 1
  • 9 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello networking demi-godsI am pretty new to the cisco configuration game but this should be a pretty easy setup. It's just 2 catalyst 48 port switches connected via an SFP fiber port on each switch.All the ports are access ports in vlan 1001 except ...

Hello!I would like to know if there's some situation what a console port could be disabled, or something like that.I'm trying to configure a Catalyst 2960 Series PoE-24 by the console port using the hyperterminal, but it's not working. I verified the...

peresbr01 by Level 1
  • 55 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I am using a 2500 series router with an octal-cable as an access server to my router / switch stack, and turning it on today I found a couple of issues, and I am having trouble finding the answer to this niche issue.   I have a direct Serial connecti...

I'm looking to setup logflash on a 5548 but having difficulty finding proper documentation. I have found a few threads/documents that show that it's likely possible. I also see output from 'show logging' mentioning it's currently disabled due to lack...

lgordnier by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I've been reading that for RSTP the UplinkFast and BackBoneFast features are taken care in the standard IEEE specification by default, but while reading through the specification I see that the Port Information State Machine has a state now for handl...

esdeath by Level 1
  • 10 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card