Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Resolved! BGP peer lost

Hello, we have a WAN (private IP) telco circuit. I have noticed over the last few days that the BGP neighbor relationship between us and the Telco has been continuously going up and down for periods of about one hour. Could this be due to heavy traff...

Hi everyone,  I have a problem with two Cisco WS-C3850-48T switches that are connected via stack cables. Switches were running fine before, the problem occurred after a power outage on the site.  Once power was back, switch number 2 booted without an...

Hi Guys, We have currently using a number of Meraki MR 55 APs which are connected to the Cisco Catalyst switch, and are acting in low power mode due to not enough power. I tried putting in static power with max 30000 on the interfaces where these APs...

Resolved! EIGRP Stub

Hi Expert I am middle of purchasing Cisco 9200 which essential or advantage license.What I know if switch with EIGRP Stub feature will not advertise subnet that it learns from other device to another device.What will happens if we configure subnet in...

Hi all, Is this requirement achievable ?  The CCTV cameras are on the subnet 192.168.8.x/24 network on a branch site. This branch site is directly connected through fiber link (routed port) to the core site and the branch site has a default route poi...

My cisco 3750E POE switch is setup with the following:3 separate Vlans 192.168.70.0, 192.168.80.0, 192.168.90.0 On my switch, I can ping all the gateways and also the pc's on each vlan but on the pc's I can only ping the gateways of each vlan and not...

moman62 by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have a cisco 871w wireless router/switch.  I have an ssid set up and clients can connect and access network/internet resources EXCEPT for anything other wireless device on the access point.From a wireless client (ipad, iphone, or laptop) i can ping...

EDIT 13-Jan-2020 - I found an ideal solution for my issue with the help of the posts below and a lot of searching around the Cisco documentation. In my case, I wanted to get back to the WebUI's "Day 0 configuration" tool to attempt to configure the s...

justin_m by Level 1
  • 16 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello all,Having issues from users throughout the network in recent days, with apparent slowness.Our main L3 core is a Cisco 6509 with Sup32, 12.2(18)SXF11, and processor usage is anything between 60-90%.Processes showing high are ios-base and tcp.pr...

GR5516 by Level 1
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I need to order a couple of the green, DC power plugs (terminal blocks) for DC power supplies for a 4500X switch. I can't find anything that shows what that part number might be or where I could get one. Does anyone here have any ideas? The model of ...

Greetings,I'm trying to add a new VLAN to a trunk port using the Cli on an FI switch. I can see the trunks through the nxos using show commands but I have to make configuration changes through the FI and unfortunately it's hot garbage. I didn't see t...

snyderkv by Level 1
  • 0 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I'm sure this has been asked, but I can't find the most direct, and clear answer I am looking for.  I have a wireless network where I want to alleviate the load one my main backhaul. So, we have added a second link, to take half the network. I want t...

Hello all, I'm trying to configure some vlans on a 2950 we have in the office. It has some old configuration and I don't want to delete it, it shouldn't give me problems at all.   Now, I have vlan 100 and vlan 115, if I decide to issue the command "n...

JHVindasC by Level 1
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello, it seems that the old good way to monitor stacking member unit status doesn't work for Catalyst family 9200L.In the past I used to setup an object referenced by OID: monitor via SNMP for OID: .1.3.6.1.4.1.9.9.500.1.2.1.1.6.X001 (X=stack member...

dugolotti by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I'm very new to networking, so apologies in advance if I use incorrect terminology. I'm looking to use Packet Tracer to simulate a "handoff" in data routing. I have a test case set up with 2 computers, 2 switches, and 2 data lines between the switche...

Screen Shot 2020-01-11 at 5.59.38 PM.png