Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hi,How does a cut-through switch behave when buffering packets? In order to situate my question I have added the following paragraph of wikipedia:There are certain scenarios that force a cut-through Ethernet switch to buffer the entire packet:Speed: ...

We have just deployed new 9300 in the network and so far all Wins7 have issues with internet or local traffic. Wins10 user seem fine. If you move the wins7 to wireless the do fine. We have 802.1x deployed, but even when removed off the port. They sti...

shiflettf by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

hello, friendsI need a help. For more info open an attached image, please.                             1. I installed DHCP Server on Windows server 2012. Created 8 dhcp scopes for 8 subnets.2. I configured DHCP relay on Nexus 6000. (configuration fil...

topology.jpg DHCP server.png
incognito by Level 1
  • 23 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi there,            I'm asking for your opinions on NTP server for cisco switch or router. My coworker recommended me to setup NTP server on domain controller (DC), but I'm thinking to put time.google.com(external source) as my NTP server directly o...

Hi. I have configured policy map on cisco ASR1002-X (2RU-X) police cir 210000000conform-action transmitexceed-action dropviolate-action drop but from my monitoring the traffic can reach 600mb.How to solve this one. Regards,NoobGuy  

NoobGuy by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello fellow experts, We are facing some issues in our Catalyst stack switches that makes them unresponsive for administration. Actually we have some 802.1X configuration against a third party vendor, and sometimes we are getting a bunch of messages ...

EduardR by Level 1
  • 9 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello, So this could be a dumb question.... Looking at the 3850 24UX as a possible device to be used for a small site server and storage solution. The storage and servers are SFP+. Initially my thought was a 3850-12XS with 3M twinax. However since th...

parker.c by Level 5
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Configured a Cisco 887VA with ospf, everything functional.However after a reboot of the router, now the ospf command is not visible in the command list and can't configure ospf. What is the issue?edge-router-01(config)#router ?  odr     On Demand stu...