Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hi, everyone!I have a simple ring topology with 10 nodes ( switches). I have two questions: 1-I think I can use multi-chassis LAG( link aggregation)  instead of any spanning tree protocol, but I'm confused whether I'm able to use LACP instead of span...

azi123 by Level 1
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Case:network containing a mix of Catalyst switches (which don't support classic RSTP) and Meraki switches (which support only RSTP) chained together in many ways, so there is no real benefit of using real MSTP.A stack of Merakis is the root of the n...

Hi, I'm trying to route several flows by mac dest with the mac-address-table. I tried with a WS-C2950G-24-EI. But after approx 250 entries like "mac-address-table static 0300.0000.0E18 vlan 1 interface FastEthernet 0/21", the cisco returns: "MAC addr...

Toug31 by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello, We're receving lots of output errors. As you see it's strange that Xmit-Err (tranceive) and IntMacRx-Er (receive) counters is the same.   show interface ethernet 1/38 counters errors-------------------------------------------------------------...

from88 by Level 4
  • 8 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

We are observing issue of unknown hosts responding in the network with below symptoms!> IP address is pingable from system even if hosts IP doesn't learnt in arp table of SVI in thew network> When trace is initiated for IP, strange dns names are obse...

Hello Everyone,   today i got a new 2960-X series 48 port POE switch for new business requirement and i just copied new IOS(c2960x-universalk9-mz.152-6.E2.bin) file in flash, after that boot that switch with this image but during the reboot or post i...

Dear Cisco mates. I have a issue with Vlan on switch SG300 and Ubiquiti PowerBeam.  So. I tried to connect two switches on trunk mode both. Valn 7 cctv and vlan 9 mgmt vlan set as native.PowerBeam set on advance mode with bridges to vlan 7 and 9 (lan...

20181214_154450.jpg

hello, on a  switch WS-C3850-48P   All the time the log below keeps appearing ,however the power supply B looks alright  please could anybody helps on this Jan  5 10:06:29.914 WAT: %NGWC_PLATFORM_FEP-1-FRU_PS_ACCESS: Switch 2: power supply B is not ...

Hi, I have create several vlan (100,110,120,130,140) and i have created the dhcp pool also each vlan. now the things is if i am not assign any vlan port (default port vlan1)connected a pc it's getting vlan 110 ip address. but i didn't create for vlan...

Hi everyone, I a pair of 5K connected with 11 2k. Some of these 2k still have servers connected to them but not all of them. I have to decom and consolidate the remaining ports in one or may be two of theses 2K. My question is do I just have to copy ...

I found the following cases when it is needed to configure secondary IP address on an interface:- for forcing unequal load sharing between different interfaces- for increasing the number of IPs in a LAN when no more IPs are available from that subnet...

badalam_nt by Level 1
  • 13 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

HiI use a C3750 as my core switch where I have configured all the vlans for my office. We have a 100 Mbps link for Internet but I notice that the speed is only nearly half from user side. The 100 Mbps link is connected to a firewall to which the swit...

sajin9231 by Level 1
  • 33 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Does anyone know if the 3560 complies with the following requirements?   IP Transmission Delay (IPTD) no greater than 50ms.IP Delay Variation (IPDV) no greater than 25ms.IP Loss Ratio (IPLR) no greater than 1x10-3.IP Error Loss (IPER) no greater than...

Docklands by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello all,Here is the scenario and my questionVoIP deployment 100 phones, PC's, two ISR's and a switch. I would like to setup a DHCP server for the phones on the ISR and have a DHCP helper for the PC's.  I wanted to setup an environment where there i...