Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

As title explains, I am not able to change the confreg in rommon to 0x2102 by issuing: rommon 5 >confreg 0x2102usage: confreg When I issue confreg, I am trying all sorts of options and am always booting in 0x0101 or 0x0142.  How do I change the confi...

Hi ALL, I need an help to find a problem in my network configuration. I have a Vodafone Router that manages both IP phones and LAN traffic for PC. Original configuration had one switch SG200 and I had to had another unit because I had not enough LAN ...

franzdib by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

In a VIRL simulation I have two IOSvL2 switches connected together. Each switch has a VLAN 101 interface, and the ports they are connected to each other on are access ports. If I change the VLAN 101 to primary private, they lose the ability to connec...

deleteme.3.png deleteme.3.cfg.png

Hello  Guys:    @Peter Paluch @Jon Marshall  @Joseph W. Doherty @Richard Burts   Does voice vlan is on different vlan database or it is same vlan database  ?   what does trusted or untrusted  port means ?   Thanks

ITexpert by Level 3
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I NEVER use Express Setup when I'm configuring a Cisco switch for one simple reason: During Express Setup, you're prompted to set a password for Admin. Once this is done, I can never remote into the switch using that username. It's not an issue wit...

RBenke by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello,   I am trying to make sense of the "forwarding-threshold" command on our Nexus 5ks. We have a VPC pair of 5k's, where we have SVIs created for L3 gateways for connected servers. Some of our SVI's have the forwarding threshold command configure...

bwagner48 by Level 1
  • 0 replies
  • 5 Helpful votes

Dear all,   I am in the process of replacing my two core aggregation switches (3750 1gb 12 ports) with 3850s 16-10GB ports.     Currently, I am not stacking both switches (3750) but uplinks them each other via 2 etherchannels.  In addition, I am have...

maraica by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hisome questions regarding jumbo frames.1) If the switch is NOT configured for jumbo frame support does the frame always get dropped or are there conditions under which the frame gets fragmented.2) If they are always dropped then which type of frames...

shiraazs by Level 1
  • 13 replies
  • 5 Helpful votes

Router loses startup-config because router deletes NVRAM after power off/on. Is fine after reboot. C870 series (Board ID: 3-148) platform with 131072 Kbytes of main memory Booting flash:/c870-advipservicesk9-mz.124-15.T5.binSelf decompressing the ima...

reriley by Level 1
  • 7 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes