Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hello, I need help from experts to config a solution with 2x 4506 and what I think is called in Cisco, VIP Redundancy. First: My 2x 4506 are with IP Base version software, same hardware, and same IOS version, but I need to know if my switchs meet the...

Can anyone confirm the supported number of VLANs (not VLAN IDs) for Catalyst 3850 LAN Base, IP Base and IP Services?The Data Sheets says: 255 VLANs for LAN Base and 1k for IP Base At the same time Catalyst 3650 supports, 255 for LAN Base and 4094 for...

a.klessa by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I am almost entirely sure my problem is a lack of understanding but hopefully someone can't point me in the right direction.   Below is my lab at work that I am doing some testing trying to get my VPN to work. Everything so far works well but a probl...

VPN concept (1).png
whickwire by Level 1
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi   I'm trying to get trunking working between (either) a 3750 or 2960G and a RV325. Current status 3750 and 2960G are linked using fibre trunk ports 3750 is VTP (version2) server 2960G is client 3750 operates 4 VLans   Objective: Leverage the RV325...

Hello, Found this question out there and was curious about the answer:   Which three of these statements regarding 802.1Q trunking are correct? (Choose three)A. 802.1Q native VLAN frames are untagged by default. B. 802.1Q trunking ports can also be s...

alfista16 by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Gents we have four switches which are connected in the ring. Switch 1 connects to switch 2, switch 2 connects to switch 3 and switch 3 connects to switch 4. They all are trunks   I want to run HSRP between switch one and switch 2 . Will make switch 1...

Hi,        How to fix Vulnerability- SHA-1-based Signature in TLS/SSL Server X.509 Certificate in 2960S   The SHA-1 hashing algorithm has known weaknesses that expose it to collision attacks, which may allow an attacker to generate additional X.509 d...

We have 7841s at branch locations that obtain addresses and TFTP info via DHCP on our branch routers. They are 4321s running: Cisco IOS Software [Everest], ISR Software (X86_64_LINUX_IOSD-UNIVERSALK9-M), Version 16.6.3, RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc8)   Somet...

With plain macsec, you can apply an MKA policy with a replay window setting, however I haven't been able to find a way to configure the replay window size for macsec setup by "cts manual".   We need a replay window according to TAC to work around a s...

navlrac by Level 1
  • 10 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi everyone,i have a doubt in command transport preferred.What is the function of this command.since the command Transport input and Transport output doing the same thing,then why the command Transport preferred is needed.

sathyasav by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes