Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

We are experiencing an issue, where just one trunk port is getting dhcp and able to reach another network that isn't making much sense to us.  For example:   Switchport:    switchport trunk encapsulation dot1q switchport trunk native vlan 54 switchpo...

cg113 by Level 1
  • 13 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi, I have 4500X-32 in VSS running 3.6.0E that serves as the core LAN L3 Switch.  I am trying to create 2 subnets that are isolated from the rest of the VLANs -- they only need to talk to each other and get out to the Internet through the 4500X's def...

Good day all,   I have a scenario where we have a pool of 32 public IP which we allocated to few clients and they are using them on there network devices. All clients are connected using our 3750 switch. My issue is one client was assigned an IP and ...

Talha by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi Everyone,   I need some support for connecting two different networks together. Below is the diagram of network, I want to connect to both network 192.168.128.xxx and 10.1.40.xxx from a PC connected to SW3.  Currently I have a Layer 3 switch (SG 3...

Slide1.JPG

So I'm trying to connect an HP Blade Chassis to our core switch, a Cisco 4500, WS-C4500X-16.  These are set up as a stack.  The chassis has two NICs that need to connect, so I'm connecting them to te1/1/10 and te2/1/10.  If I connect the two NICs to ...

Anybody think this is too high for memory usage?KBCFR2SW05#sh memory free                Head              Total(b)       Used(b)         Free(b)        Lowest(b)  Largest(b)Processor    2CD323C    79201732    67788360    11413372    10384280     982...

I HAVE SWITCH  which is in rommon mode  i can't do anything  please help me    tell me how to upload ios through rommon mode  or which is the best way to upload ios fast still my switch 6509 in rommon mode i can,t do anything  and how to boot it stil...

Hi Team, I have cisco 7609,7606 where we are observing huge broadcast packets so i want to know possible  ways to limit broadcast packets and interrupts. Please share the valid cisco document for the same .

Robo123 by Level 1
  • 9 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello,   Im trying to connect 2 hosts via a Cisco Catalyst 2960 switch. I want to send traffic between both hosts in 3 different VLANs (10,11 and 12). Both hosts are in the same subnet (172.16.10.0/24). I configured the switch as follows: -Host 1: co...

ajimmor by Level 1
  • 8 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello, Recently I attempted to upgrade the IOS on some 3850 that I received.  Somehow the process went wrong and started throwing Mainboard hardware authentication failed.  Abort init ... Right after loading the kernel. Eventually using the emergenc...

Hi,   I'm currently facing to an environment where a VPLS has been deployed as a "HUB" in the core of a campus LAN Network, not participating in Spanning-Tree   The design principles are : - a root VSS is connected to a ASR920 VPLS Network, thanks to...

schema-generique.png
chrisfv by Level 1
  • 0 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes