Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

I seem to have managed to set a 2960 to 230400 baud in the boot loader. Is there anyway to reset the variables in the boot loader? Maybe a set of pins to short? I can't access the console port reguardless of what I set the rate too. I've tried both t...

Hi Team,   I have cisco 'WS-C4500X-32'  chassi running with "cat4500e-universalk9.SPA.03.08.01.E.152-4.E1.bin" where i observed CPU spike for some time.   Switch>sh processes cpu sorted | ex 0.0 Core 0: CPU utilization for five seconds: 75%; one minu...

Robo123 by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi everyone   I have ASR1001 connected to the provider.  It's a L2 connection. The provider requested to configure LAG with the only interface inside.  We have numerous QinQ connections inside this link. Is it possible to shape the whole link?  Unfor...

So we have a Nexus 7k supervisor standby card that wont boot When we do "system internal flash" we see that the directory "nxos/tmp" is full and this might be the reason that it doesnt boot. When we check this directory there seems to be a file "tftp...

Racso by Level 1
  • 0 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,I just bought used layer 2 and layer 3 switche to practice my ccna. But it prompted me to enter username and password which I do not have.Can anyone guide me on how to factory reset that device? Please, appreciate your help!Thanks,Fyaz :)

We have enabled port security on one of our switches (2960x) and the port keeps flagging up security violations like so: Secure Port  MaxSecureAddr  CurrentAddr  SecurityViolation  Security Action                          (Count)             (Count) ...

louis0001 by Level 3
  • 7 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

have to set up a layer 3 switch, with dhcp pools and vlans. I have done this using a method such as:    ip dhcp pool 400network 10.0.0.0 255.255.255.240default-router 10.0.0.14ip dhcp excluded-address 10.0.0.14 int vlan 400ip address 10.0.0.14 255.2...

dylanSS by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Our industrial network infrastructure is sitting behind a firewall (Fortigate) to isolate it from the enterprise network, just south of the firewall is our DMZ switch (Cisco 2960-X),  a number of firewall DMZs are then mapped to their respective subn...

Is it uncommon to use just vlans on switch interfaces/ports instead of ip addresses? When I went through the Cisco classes I remember we used ip addresses on the interfaces, whether it was a LAN connection or between other switches and routers. We us...

I am trying to get a VLAN added to my network, and I am unable to get clients from one VLAN to Ping the new VLAN I added. I can ping the address assigned to the Routers Virtual Interface, but I cannot ping clients behind that.   From the switches, I ...

For reasons I cannot go into, we need to extend a VLAN (user subnet), over our MPLS circuit, to one of our remote sites, and present that VLAN to the switches at that remote site.  That VLAN is several hops away from the MPLS router, on our home offi...

jrylant by Level 1
  • 0 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes