Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

I've to update IOS XE Software 16.3.6 on Stacking (2SW 3850), after reloading the SW can't see SW2 on the stack and the Mode for the first SW shows me that:Switch Ports Model              SW Version        SW Image              Mode------ ----- -----...

Hi!  I have the following scenario: 3 blue routers are connected in Area 100 OSPF and the two edge router (the blue router on the left and the blue router on the right) have also one interface in Area 0 OSPF and are connected by a link in a VPLS.  La...

Capture.PNG

Hello,I can see the Cisco REP protocol will allow fast convergence in a ring.But I cannot find the exact number, nor the number of switches that can be in the ring, nor the number of devices that can be interconnected to the ring (via another switch ...

I have a question about the Speak state description as per the following: "The  router sends periodic hello messages and actively participates in the  election of the active and/or standby router. A router cannot enter speak state unless the router h...

nuggetinu by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi Team,   we have a cisco 6509 core switch and need to upgrade with eFSU. according to cisco TAC we can not use eFSU as we are going to perform up gradation from Modular IOS to Native IOS.   Please explain me the difference between Native IOS and Mo...

sunil_mil by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

One of my Catalyst 2960X Stacks is misbehaving in the following way: - Gradually quits forwarding frames on ports, generally clustered on a single Member (attaching a sniffer shows *zero* transmitted frames ... a normal port sees plenty of broadcast ...

I'm going to be mutually redistributing OSPF into EIGRP and EIGRP into OSPF on our headend DMVPN routers. I noticed that the old config had redistribute ospf 1 metric 1.1.1.1 as the redistributing metric . What does this mean? Also, I would like to c...

I have two 4510R+E switches, one is just as a cold standby. I would like to remove the supervisor card from the standby and add it as a redundant supervisor to the switch that is running. The standby was configured with an IP and some other minimal s...

Team,   I would like to upgrade my Cisco  C6807-XL  Core Switch with IOS Version s2t54 Software (s2t54-ADVENTERPRISEK9-M), Version 15.2(1)SY0a, mention IOS is having BUG with SNMP and showing high CPU utilization, Cisco TAC recommended to upgrade the...

Hi,    we have a plan to refresh new headend router instead of old one. this router is headend router which connected the metro E circuit with such as small routers.   we are using /27 subnet to interconnect between headend router and small office ro...

syjeon by Level 1
  • 0 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi, I trying to find some detailed power consumption information on different configurations of the Cisco 4451 Router. I tried to call the support phone number but was referred here. I have the power rating for a the power supply but I am certain we...