Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

When I am trying to enable Remote ssh, as a part of it when I try to enable crypto I am not getting that command when I searched the internet I come to know that I need to upgrade IOS of my switch. Kindly let me know the procedure to upgrade IOS and ...

Hello,  We have a module FWSM Firewall Version 4.1(3) runing in a 6509-E switch. It is in production enviroment. We start receiving a warning message related to the utptime counter: ##########################Notification Type: PROBLEMService: Uptime ...

Hi, I'm facing an issue with two 4500 switches. It gives the following error " %C4K_ETHPOE-4-SUPPLYFAULT: Module 8 POE controller has been shutdown because of excessive power usage.". First all the line cards will go into  shutdown mode then recover ...

hjanjali1 by Level 1
  • 10 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

hi,is it possible in the same L3 switch to have some ports doing switching and some ports doing routing.For exemple for 24 ports: 20 ports doing switching between some VLANs, and 4 ports doing routing each with a different ip towards other router in ...

Dear all,I've just realized that current switch models don't support multiple ingress queues in ports, while on older switches do. May anyone know what the reason behind it? My assumption would be that these new switches just doesn't have any bottlen...

givanszky by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

So I really should know this but I am not confident in my assumptions. So I know how the numbering works with IOS versions but where is the line you have to use an intermediate version to get to your end version goal? So currently I want to go fro 15...

I have a working C4506 with 2 UPOE Line cards and just added the X4748-SFP-E line card.The system shows the line card -- and I go configure it -- but the ports don't stay up.Normally, they are all populated with 48 GLC-MM-SX modules. sh interface for...

I have many WS-C4510R-E. On all other switches, I can enter the 'terminal monitor' command and get the status when an interface goes up or down. On the WS-C4510R-E, term mon doesn't give me this output.  What is the command to enable interface up/dow...