Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hi,Why would you choose one over the other?Root-guard will stop a superior bpdu from becoming the root.Bpdu guard will stop another switch from connecting entirely by shutting the port down.Why not just configure bpdu guard on all access layer ports ...

alliasneo1 by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 5 Helpful votes

Hello all,Recently, we purchased gigabyte H510M S2P motherboards and I could not enable legacy(bios) mode to install windows from WDS server. When i enable CSM on mitherboard to boot with bios it hangs on bios boot screen, so I enabled network stack ...

I have an old 2960x 48 port switch sitting around and would like to use it like one of those basic netgear 5 port switches but on a larger scale. Is that possible? I'm not a network guru when it comes to manages switches. I hardware reset the switch,...

seiji9 by Level 1
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi, I am currently learning for the CCNA by creating my own networks on packet tracer, I thought BPDUs with a dominant priority being received by root bridges meant that it would turnover the responsibility of being the root bridge to the advertised ...

Steven B by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi all,  Im trying to transfer a IOS image to upgrade a 3850 switch, as soon as I put the USB drive to the front of the switch, I go to the CLI and run the command: show usb-devices summary (it is the only command available) and it shows and display...

So I had to format flash and recover. I did the quicker way by using set BAUD 115200...once the .bin was across I forgot to set the baud back to 9600. I have followed instructions: go back to switch: set BAUD 9600 then reset. also tried the unset com...

Hi all,we are running into a strange problem with multicast in our network. The core of the network consists off two stacked ws-c3850 switches with a couple of Cisco edge switches connected to it. The network is used for carrying multicast audio stre...

mtu1480 by Level 1
  • 13 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes