Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

I've set myself up a lab so I can expand my cisco skills (up until now I've mainly worked with HP) and wanted to play with different concepts. So as an exercise, I thought I'd try an configure a set of 'cascading vlans' for want of a better phrase w...

Jen by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have a 3750e switch running universalk9 12.2(55)SE1 code. It is configured for routing and even has an eigrp process configured with legitimate networks, etc... It also has the command "eigrp stub connected static" configured. When I tried to remov...

ckilday by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi All We run 2 x 6509 sup 720 with VSS,  Version 12.2(33)SXI4a We have had 3 issues in the last month where some systems have fallen over due to possible network issues. This coincides with our monitoring system which could not poll our core 6509, ...

I am trying to clean up old configs on some equipment that I recently became in charge of.  I'm a little puzzled because our access switches were set up as trunk ports, with PC's and IP phones connected to them, they are responding as if they were ac...

sgalarza by Level 1
  • 7 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello, My Cisco 6509 Router is trying to reboot continuously. It is not going to even in the ROMMON mode and so I can't give any command input, can't change the config-register or anything. The message I'm getting from console login is: *** System r...

Hi folks,I have a doubt that maybe you can helpme with. The thing is I'm trying to connect a Media Converter MC-1000S-V1 (20 Km / 1310 nm) directly to a GLC-LH-SMD (10 Km / 1310 nm) with a Jumper (tried both: SM and MM). The GBIC is connected to a 37...

Hi Folks, I'm trying to gain a better understanding of the STP process. I'm all clear on root bridge, root ports, designated ports but I'm confused about the block ports (alternate port). I've attached a screen capture of an STP topology showing that...

Hi All, hoping someone can direct me - I need to update the Core Switches in my network but having trouble finding the upgrade path Current NAME: "WS-C6509-E", DESCR: "Cisco Systems Catalyst 6500 9-slotChassis System"s72033-advipservicesk9_wan-mz.122...

Hello, Being in charge of " clearing network organization " of a small company (50 employees) where I am the sysadmin and now the network admin (CCNA is somewhere lost in the past, but I'm working on it :)). There is currently no VLAN and other stuf...

Mat Dan by Level 1
  • 14 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi There: i have a simple setup. 1 x N9372TX-E, the 48 x 1/10G Base-T will connect to servers, and 6 x QSFP ports will be used for uplink to upper layer network equipment. all the 48 x 1/10G base-T port will have QOS marking policy, and on uplink por...

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card