Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hi I have a CISCO CATALYST 3550 works as a layer 3 switch. And I got some PCs behind it. The PCs have PAC files configured and there are static IP routes set on the C3550 Switch.Here's my question: Does PAC file only works for TCP flow and IP routes ...

I’m sorry for the length of this description but…. I have to replace a standalone c4507r+e (core) switch with a standalone c9407 switch at one of my company’s branch locations. So far the 9407 was powered up and connected to the 4507 via an lacp trun...

k. cheng by Level 1
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have a router on a stick set-up. Router is connected to the main switch (cisco 2960x series) via trunk port. Which accepts default vlan1 and vlan30,40 etc. I want to connect multiple vlans on one switchport and still connect to the network.Router c...

erdene by Level 1
  • 27 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi all, unfortunately, I deleted the VLAN.dat file. Therefore, the interface of the default vlan does not show anything. I tried following steps, 1. Switch reset 2. Tried to install IOS 3. Tried various commands Unfortunately, I can't fix it. How can...

Screenshot (8).png Screenshot (8).png
tashen by Level 1
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

unable to ping to or from the tablet, and the DHCP for vlan30 (server) is not working. any tips? The PC can ping the internet on the tier1network pt after connecting to multiuser cloud, so I'm pretty sure my OSPF is set up correctly. The attached Wor...

Hi,I am new to packet tracer but tried to read about my problem but Unfortunately, I didn't find anything.I need to make MAC ACL on switch 2960-24TT but I don't know how.On packet tracer if i enter: Switch(config) #mac ? - show me only address-table ...

TWO Quick stuipid questions:(1) If a "dir flash:" gives the following output....nhv-c14-sw1#dir flash:Directory of flash:/ 2 -rwx 676 Mar 01 1993 00:01:06 vlan.dat 3 -rwx 48 Nov 18 2008 23:10:24 private-config.text 5...

lamav by Level 8
  • 8 replies
  • 5 Helpful votes

Hi. We're having an issue with a particular VLAN on our network. To summarise - we have a Cisco switch connecting to a non-Cisco firewall. The switch's MGMT IP is on the VLAN (100), with the gateway of that VLAN sitting on the firewall.VLAN 100 is al...

pinko by Level 1
  • 6 replies
  • 1 Helpful votes

Hi everybody.How is everyone doing ?There can be upto 4 active virtual forwarders. Let say we have 5 routers, r1,r2,r3,r4 and r5 with ip addresses ip1,ip2,ip3,ip4 and ip5 (  ip5>ip4>ip3>ip2>ip1 Glbp has to choose up to 4 active virtual forwarders. Ho...

sarahr202 by Level 5
  • 13 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card