Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hi, I would like to lower the serverity level for the "Mar 1 06:05:28: %WCCP-1-SERVICELOST: Service web-cache lost on WCCP client xxx" event. Is this possible on a Cisco 887 VA, running 15.1(4)M5? The 'logging message ### level notifications' command...

Resolved! Student

Hi, I am interest to start a new carrier in Networking. I want to pass the CCNA exam. I see in Cisco Press : Cisco CCNA Routing and Switching 200-120 Official Cert Guide and Simulator Library I want to know if that book is the best way to prepare my...

pjkoni001 by Level 1
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I fell into a weird issue while testing the SVI. The scenario is pretty simple. I have one L3 swicth 3750 with IP routing enabled. Switch has two vlans- vlan 1 and vlan 10 Both have SVIs and are up Interface Vlan 1 ip add 10.10.10.1 255.255.255.0 n...

Just about all of my organization's switches at the edge are 2960X series running 15.0 (2A) EX5....we have several hundred.   Now, these are some cool switches..I love all of the features...We can do some very cool things!...and with ISE we can do ev...

Hi guys, on one of my switch, I found this interface on a show run: XXX#show interface descriptionInterface                      Status         Protocol DescriptionVl1                            admin down     down     Vl9                          ...

Levante86 by Level 1
  • 7 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I was studying trunking protocol. However, I don't understand why I would create a L2 loop if I have a native VLAN mismatch on either side of an 802.1Q link?  What's STP MAC address untagged(0180.c200.0000)? Topology https://drive.google.com/open?id...

I am having a problem getting a QoS policy to activate. I have a 2921 ISR router with several VRFs defined on it, and several DMVPNs.  What I'm trying to do is enact QoS using a simple policy - I would think the place to apply it would be the router...

In 6500 and access switch, please let know the best practice for errdisable recovery. We had configured two 6500, for testing when we try to Switch off the active SW and again SW on the same switch all the uplink in the core switch come to errdisabl...

A couple of questions about OSPF on NX-OS. 1.  Based on a couple of different documents (I'll link this one:  http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/datacenter/sw/nx-os/high_availability/configuration_guide/ha_overview.html), the Nexus 7000 has inc...

Hi experts, a customer of mine wants a 12 port Cisco switch (no PoE); I'm about to offer a 3560 Compact switch (WS-C3560CX-12TC-S) but  I wonder if there is any difference between the "standard Catalyst" and the compact series. Obviously there is les...