Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Help !!I just came across a network for one of my customers and noticed strange private addressing allocation. They use 192.168.1.0/21 as their subnet and everything work.I don't understand. How can someone use a class C address using 255.255.248.0 a...

Hi all, While doing a trace for a traceroute command, i realize that the router is actually doing a reverse DNS query for the ip that I am doing the traceroute.Although this does not impact my traceroute, I can't help to wonder why the need to do the...

SJ K by Level 5
  • 7 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi all,   Below is my current setup -> All required routes are setup and R1 fe0/0 (3.1) and R10 fe0/0 (5.2) can both ping to 1 another. While playing around, I done a wireshark capture on R2 Fe0/1(5.1) & then ping from R10 to 192.168.3.0  -- my r...

SJ K by Level 5
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Is there a web GUI for configuration on the new 4321 router?I looked at CNA here:  http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/net_mgmt/cisco_network_assistant/version5_0/release/notes/OL12210a.html#pgfId-699844 but it's not listed.  As well, CNA is terribl...

I'm attempting to figure out how to get my 3560X to load balance a LACP port-channel that is going to a server.  So about 90% of the traffic goes through one port.Port-Channel 4:                         GigabitEthernet0/14:                    Gigabit...

PolyCaleb by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I want to check the current firmware releases on Cisco.com for line cards fitted to 6500 series switches. The only images I've been able to locate are those for the supervisor modules.I cannot locate rommon/firmware images for the 67xx line cards, wh...

aacole by Level 5
  • 9 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes