Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Scenario: A 4507 in data closet 1 is connected to a 6513 in data center.  This is a layer 3 connection.  I want to connected a 3750 in data closet 2 to the 4507 in closet 1.  This will be a layer 2 connection.  The mgmt ip of the 3750 will be from a ...

bm_5789 by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi guy, anyone know where is the link or somebody used to know if i want to know vpn through put of Cisco router??I would like to buy 2921 with license security, but i want to make sure it is acceptable with my requirement, i try tofind the datasheet...

Hi,Is there a way of upgrading the firmware/licensing for an 866VAE to make it 866VAE-k9 and utilize VPN services? We have an existing 866VAE and wouldn't want to waste it. Thanks,Perry

bportanez by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi guys,I'm a little confused why my config doesn't work. Basically it's quite a simple setup.I have a small network consisting of a 3750X with about 10clients. The clients are some PCs and some VoIP clients.I want to separate the VoIP-clients from t...

Resolved! SFP Cleaning

So we have switches in very dirty envornments. They are in nema enclosures, but I just moved a switch in a bay and the sfp was coated in steel dust as fine as cosmetic powder. In a situation like this, how would you remove the fiber, and certify th...

Recently I heard about the Cisco program called " Safe Harbour ". I went through the document which described what is Safe Harbour. But I couldn't find that , if i want to perform it what's the exact method of doing it ???

mmendis by Level 1
  • 10 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I installed a new 3750x stack today, 3 members. I found that one of the stack cables is too short, so I just plugged two of the 3 in and fired them up. I expected them to form a single stack, but ended up with a stack of 2 and 1. Is this expected be...

I have a 3750X with IOS 15.2.2E.I have multiple IPv6 addresses on the default VLAN (VLAN 1):ipv6 address 2001:470:...../64ipv6 address 2001:470:...../64ipv6 address 2605:A000:..../64I have one default IPv6 route:ipv6 route ::/0 Vlan1 FE80::.....S   :...

DJX995 by Level 3
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi All,My network consists 82 switches (core , distribution and access). Recently I find mac address flapping in the switch logs and also sometimes overall network becomes slow. I assume there might be l2 loop in the network.Now can you please help m...