Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hello anyone,I'm trying to add a new admin user on router 1841.I usually use SDM to access router but I didn't find any command line there.I've tried through terminal, but it tells me:router#username ***** privilege 15 secret 0 *******            ^% ...

Edi.Brata by Level 1
  • 7 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello,My customer has multiple WS-C3560V2-48TS-E switches in operation. When purchased, the switches come with different versions of the Cisco IOS. They are considering standardizing on version for all the switches. How can they go about this?If they...

dstehle by Level 1
  • 10 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Resolved! RED/WRED

Hi everybody.RED/WRED randomly pick packets and dropped when the threshold are reached. My question is : Is it  always a TCP packet or it could any packet?Thanks

sarahr202 by Level 5
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi everybodyI have a question on single bucket policing .Policy-map LEEclass garbagePolice cir 56000 BC 1750Conform action transmitexceed action dropint S0/0service -policy LEE input+++++++++++++++++++++++++Let say a steady stream of packets belongin...

sarahr202 by Level 5
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello everyone.Im building a setup where i have a C2960 switch connected to a Cisco AP-1142.The switch and access point will have 2 vlans, one for business use and one for guests (internet only).So between the switch and the AP i plan to have a dot1q...

Dear Friend,I have configured VRF on R1. ip vrf R2 rd 11:11 !ip vrf R3 rd 22:22!ip vrf R4 rd 33:33Interface Configuration:interface FastEthernet0/0 ip vrf forwarding R2 ip address 12.1.1.1 255.255.255.0 duplex auto speed auto!interface FastEthernet0/...

I am working on a project were internet service will be added to a backup/DR data center to service users in case the internet service at the primary data center goes down.  The two data centers are connected through an ethernet service.  Currently t...

4506-1#sh mac add aging-time Vlan    Aging Time      Configured Aging Time----    ----------      ---------------------Global Vlan Admin Age: 300   1    300             300100    300             300300    300             300500    300             300...

topnewinfo by Spotlight
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Folks.I've got (unfortunately) a third party installing some new networking kit for me, and I can;t get the connection to work.Basically, it's a 2921 connected to an ISP MPLS network on one port with a link into a switch on the other.Because we wante...

darren.g by Level 5
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have a 2960 stack with 3 switch members.  If I show an interface summary I can see al switches, but none of the ports on the 3rd switch show active.  If I do a show interface on any of those interfaces I see "Hardware is not present."  Another weir...