Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hello,I hope I'm presenting this correctly and to the right group.  I have an unusual problem involving ARP.  Specifically, I'm seeing flooded throughout a VLAN in our network an ARP unicast (not broadcast), asking "Who has 10.25.2.74?" and "Tell 10....

rpastor by Level 1
  • 9 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi team,We have various stacks of 3750 switches and we are facing an issue with blinking LEDs. Basically when you see the switch stack, not all ports that are up and running are blinking.This is not a major issue to us but I have cleaned the patchroo...

Apparently, on the N5K, the SPAN function can induce back-pressure on the ingress interface.Does this happen with any other platform?  Searching www.cisco.com, seems to me that this only applies to the N5K ... but perhaps this effect has only been /d...

Hello , i need to configure private vlans on Catalyst 3850 . On this page is said that 3850 does support this technology http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/switches/ps5718/ps12686/qa_c67-722110.html But i can't  configure it because there is ...

dmitry by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,I just wanna know whether i'm properly understandin ARP or not.As per the OSI model if we take the communication between any two devices, the sender host will go through the Application,Presentation,Session,Transport,Network,Datalink,Physical and ...

I have a cisco 881W which seems to have an issue connecting to s 3COM Smart switch. Systems connected to the 3COM would not register an ip address. HOwever if i switch the 3COM to a unmanaged switch, the problems dissapears. I was wondering if there ...

bryanlooi by Level 1
  • 18 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I had to do a factory reset on a 881 router and no I can only access via direct console/serial connection. But I'm not sure what to do from here to get it to work.Output from Hyperterminal:System Bootstrap, Version 12.4(22r)YB5, RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc1...

Hi Experts,Am a newbie to switching.I have a basic question.we currently have a stack of 3 2960-S switches.we also found an old 2960 (just 2960, not 2960-S or 2960-X) in our inventory.Is it possible to add the 2960 to our 2960-S stack?If possible, an...

After installing Cisco 6513 with 2T sup engine, we have configured netflow as below. But we did not received any data in Netflow server (CA NetQoS).flow record NFRecmatch ipv4 tosmatch ipv4 protocolmatch ipv4 source addressmatch ipv4 destination addr...

Hi all,I've hunted high and low and cannot seem to be able to enable shaping, bandwidth or priority under a class in a policy-map on a Cisco WS-C4948.All documentation I have read on this switch on the Cisco website says that all these commands are p...

grand24890 by Level 1
  • 11 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi allIm running a 6509 vss pair, I noticed some logs on the system yesterday,looks liek there is an issue with the other supervisor in the chassis! see below>sh logAug 15 23:34:02.793: %SYS-SW1-DFC5-5-RESTART: System restarted --Aug 16 03:33:47.698:...

I want to buy cisco c2960 series switch which support voice, video, data, and highly secure access. My friend suggest me try to use WS-C2960-24TC-L or WS-C2960-48TC-L which are equipped with Ethernet 10/100 ports and 2 dual-purpose uplinks. But i do...

Hi Experts,Am a newbie to switching.I have a basic question.we currently have a stack of 3 2960-S switches.we also found an old 2960 (just 2960, not 2960-S or 2960-X) in our inventory.Is it possible to add the 2960 to our 2960-S stack?If possible, an...