Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

We currently have 3 VLANsVlan1 - All servers, network devices and a few special cases of PC'sVlan2 - Building BVlan3 - Building AAre server room is in building b with our virtual and storage solution but we moved our archiving storage solution to bui...

Hi,I'm no expert in switching so I'll try to be as clear as possible.I have a Catalyst 3560 switch (IOS 12.2) which is already connected to an Alcatel switch through a trunk (802.1q). This trunk carries 2 VLANs: 10 and 20.I have to add a new VLAN (id...

hechemg by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

We have a pair of 6509 w/SUP720-3BXL switches running HSRP and are connected via trunk using the sup 1G interfaces.  We did not create a channel-group, just direct connected.  We're now starting to realize this interface is not enough bandwidth and w...

fmagoufis by Level 1
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

hi,i have one WAN router (i.e. juniper router). on internal port i have configured two public ip( 56.10.45.225/27 & 56.10.246.97/28)i have connect this router to my switch 2960-s by  fiber uplink and created SVI on switch VLAN 1.all ports of switch b...

Hi Everyone      Wat's the router's cpu on line cards used for ? Like Punt pactet 、ARP、CDP this kind of control level of information is handled by the linecard CPU or the CPU on Router engine。                                                        ...

One of our enclosures lost one of it's backup links to a Nexus5548.   Looking at the interfaces the status reads "faulty".  The interface in  question is Eth1/5, but what I also noticed there were a couple  interfaces not in use w/ the same status. I...

Hello,If I have switch A that has 3 vlans with ip addresses in other words 3 switch virtual interfaces and I configure one  port as a switchport trunk that has the following commands switchport trunk mode and encapulasation dot1q.   Now if I want con...

Hi All,I was wondering if anybody knows whether the latest IOS package, namely IOS XE 3.5.0E and SW Release15.2(1)Esupports VSS Phase 2 with the equipments as mentioned in the subject. Specifically, I'm looking to utilize fast hellos as DAD instead o...

dy2 by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes