Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

We have a cisco WS-C3750X-24 that sometimes shows high cpu.Please see details below. When cpu was running high, we noticed2 process that seems to be the culprit. One is VMATM Callback and one is IP Input.What is VMATM? Can't seem to find much documen...

Why does Cisco devices running IOS XR doesnt form LACP when it receives system Prioirty 0 from peer switch.                 I have checked with all other cisco IOS devices where it works fine.                 Is there any specific re...

Hello,I have Cisco 3750 L3 switch and 2960 L2 switch and want to create MAC based VLAN with this. I wanted to know how do I proceed? What do I need to configure to support MAC based VLAN.

Hello,I have enabled IP DHCP snooping on 2 switches that are connetced to each other via an etherchannel using 2 ports.  On switch 1 it has the DHCP pool, but users on the 2nd switch couldn't get DHCP addresses eventough I added  the "ip dhcp snoopin...

Hi, This forum is my last resort! Having been in discussion with our support team, no answers have been forthcoming. The problem. We have two 6500 chassis with Super 720 10Gb VSS boards. Over the last six months we have been experiencing network slow...

ip nat inside source list 199interface fastethernet4overloadip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.092.208.96.206ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0fastethernet4!access-list 199 permit ip any anyno cdp run!please, explain each command line.thanks

Hi to all,normally this is a native VLAN mismatch behavior.A customer has connected some 3COM switches to a VSS and some of them, not all, show this error message and block two vlansThe configuration is ok. We have only trunk ports and the 3Com are s...

Alex49 by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have a client that has an HP infrastrucutre (I know... losers) but I am integrating a new Cisco core switch (3560X with 1GB module) and I'm curious if they can use their existing HP SFP - Part #: J4858B Will I be able to use this SFP in the Cisco s...

kardos420 by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi Team, We have one Cisco 6506-E with SUP-720-3B installed at one Customer place.This Switch got rebooted and giving last reset from s/w reset. cisco WS-C6506-E (R7000) processor (revision 1.1) with 516096K/8192K bytes of memory.Processor board ID S...

I am plugging a device into FastEthernet 1/0/22.  I cannot get DHCP across the trunk.  Config is at link.  Any ideas?  https://www.dropbox.com/s/gsyai3e94s170hv/FRS.rtf

Hello,i want to reach a catalyst 2950 i connected to a 3560 catalyst. The 2950 is on switchmode trunk (dot1q) and the 3560 also. On the 3560 i can see details and the correct IP with CDP but i cannot reach them.IP of my 3560:10.138.128.3 /24IP of my ...

We have around 10 separate buildings all connecting back to the main server room over fibre connections. In each building on average we have 10 access switches and 1 Edge switch (Distribution layer but routing is done on our core switches) which we t...