Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Folks,Currently have an issue since upgrading a corporate network.The office was running single VLAN, and now has mutliple VLANs configured (most hosts are still on the single VLAN)  and will migrate soon into their respective vlans soon. I have a 45...

Good Day Everyone,I'm a currently creating an intervlan topology.As of now I'm established tha VLAN and IP, applied trunking and vtp as well as used STP.However when I run it, only PC 1 (vlan 1 ip 192.168.1.100) managed to ping my 2 routers and it ca...

franzcvel by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,Port security is enabled on our edge switches. When a new IT equipment is deployed, I want other techs to log in to the switch and take care of the port security violation. But I want the techs to have limited access to the edge switches when perf...

I've been trying to configure a test enviornment for a multicast scenario.--(192.168.1.1)--(MCSRCRTR)--72.72.72.0/24--(MCRTR)--205.176.20.0/30--(MCRTRRP)--205.176.30.4--(MC_RCVR)---2.2.2.2I did a test ping on MCSRCRTR by 'ping 239.0.0.10 source 192.1...

Hi, I recently purchased the RV180 router and right now it acts as the NAT gateway of my network. My questions is, what is the proper way to assign let's say 5 public IP address to 5 machines inside LAN?The router has LAN IP of 192.168.1.1 and public...

hyouhaku2 by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi all,A very simple query here. Just looking for some feedback and examples of peoples thoughts regarding this.When issuing domain IDs VSS' in a single organisation at what number do you start issuing from? Do you start from 1 or 255 or somewhere el...

We are currently experiencing random multicast data dropouts on ports that are connected to a 3750X in VLAN ports.A test PC was connected to a routed port and we do not have any dropouts of the multicast data.We also took a 2960G and plugged it into ...

James_S33 by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Scenario:Pure 3750X-48PS ip base stackOne switch reboots from a power issue (possibly the master switch? Haven't confirmed yet in the 3 cases I've seen)The rest of the stack stays running fine (as it should), the rebooted switch rejoins the stack jus...

ieee1284c by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes