Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hi,I've been struggling making multicast work across two DC. I'm able to see the sources when I do show ip mroute, but no traffic is going between recievers and source, only I can see traffic generated from local source when I do  show ip mroute summ...

frodestra by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello,I set up a route-map, by cons it does not work, for info I have a default route to the ISP 2ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 172.24.1.1,knowing that the ping is ok between tunnels,when I do a tracert I see it through the ISP2 link then I want it to ISP...

Is the Leaf layer needed when designing a fabricpath topology?The idea is to have a string of 3x N7Ks (Spine) doing FabricPath and uplink 6509s and Arista switches to the N7Ks..is this possible or the "Leaf Layer"needs to be there?Thanks

alexng by Level 1
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi allim looking at 2 new cores for a remote site, not a large datacentre, maybe 20 servers etc, vmware etcI am looking at the 6509 with sup2T and 48xx series cards, Someone mentioned that this wont be good enough if running Vmware through them etc ?...

Hi all,After restarting the 1811w went into romon.i try the xmodem command it showsrommon 2 > xmodem -c c181x-adventerprisek9-mz.151-4.M6Do not start the sending program yet...dir: cannot open device "flash:"WARNING: All existing data in bootflash wi...

Hey folks - Look for some help on this. I installed into my Cisco flexstack 2960 (3 switches) a .bin file "c2960-lanbasek9-mz.122-58.SE2.bin" I uploaded it onto the switch and set #Boot system flash:c2960-lanbasek9-mz.122-58.SE2.bin After it reboote...

jhotles by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi Everyone,Two Switches  are working fine as eigrp neis and authentication is enabled on them.Sw1 has loopback interface Loopback1              3.3.3.3         YES manual up                    uprouter eigrp 42no auto-summarynetwo...

mahesh18 by Level 6
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Good AfternoonI am not an expert in Cisco so i would like some help from you guys (the experts).I need to block port 3389 in a 3560x L3 switchmy idea for this was to make an access-list:ip access-list extended BLOCK_RDPdeny   tcp any eq 3389 105.103....

What would cause the ports to go bad in these types of switches? I'm currently having problems with ports going bad in switches that are not even 2yrs old. They were purchased directly from cisco, and we let smartnet relapse so right now we don't hav...