Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hi.I have Cisco ME 4924 with 24SFPdownlink+4SFPuplink+2Xen10Guplink.What is the difference between uplink and downlink ports?What is the default configuration is set up at these ports? For example, for ME3400http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/m...

Hi all,Just in case there is a way I am not aware of. Let's say I have a range for a VLAN: 192.168.1.0 /24, and I need to deny www traffic to ten(10) contiguous hosts from 192.168.1.10 thru 192.168.1.20. This statement:deny tcp 192.168.1.10  - 192.16...

johnramz by Level 1
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

We have a pair of 6509's setup in VSS. Our distribution layer is port channeled to the 6509VSS, one connection going to 6509A and the other going to 6509B. Our vlans live in the 6509's.We are setting up a trustwave NAC appliance and have a spanned po...

Hi,I have a single 2960s without stack module. The stack port has a status of down, however I'd like to disable it so that it does not generate a false alarm in my NMS. The documentation states that there should be a command "switch 1 stack port 1 di...

Dear All,I have cisco 4510R with sup6 and iam trying to inistall 1G SFP module on sup 6 and i given the fallowing cmd to change 10g to 1gcat4500(config)#hw-module module 6 port-group 1 select gigabitethernet.Core4500#sh hw-module module 6 port-groupM...

Folks,we know with native vlan and trunk port we can configure inter vlan routing with an external router. But how to configure inter vlan routing with a routed port? do we still need native vlan ip? what will be the draw back of using routed port?

sugatada9 by Level 1
  • 8 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi All,We have a requirement to send span traffic to a destination port for monitoring purposes on two 5000s with some 2000 fex boxes attached.Some of the servers are making use of frames larger than 1500. we have not changed any mtu configuration on...

Hello,How can i break into a cisco 2950 switch and reset the local username, enable password and enable secret.  I tried these steps below but i dont want to get rid of the config i just want to put in a new username and password.  I also dont have t...

ohareka70 by Level 3
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello,I have a cisco 3560 L3 switch. The 4 GBIC slots are configured as trunks and are behaving as needed. However, this is a 48 port switch and have exhausted our ports so would like to attach another 24 port to it. I am trying to configure port 48 ...

We've been configuring our swtichports as follows for our 7945 and 6941 type VoIP Phones, but are having problems witht the 6901.VLANSVlan 900 is a VoIP VLAN Vlan 999 is a NULL VLAN and is shut down:interface g0/1switchport access vlan 999    {VLAN t...

Can Someone help in getting some clarification on the below.What different IOS are there and how they differ in their funtionality.i.e IOS Xe, Nx-os etcSUP 6E support some different IOS in 4500 series Switch. SUP 7E support some different IOS in 4500...

I am looking to connect my Layer 3 switches running PVST to my customer's L3 switches running MST. The customer is configuring themselves to be the root. Has anyone seen any issues with interoperability with PVST -> MST?Thank you in advance!

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card