Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hello All,     I'm in the process of building a network that will consist of the below:2 Routers (Primary and Backup)2 Switches (16-Ports each)20 IP Phones (10 on each Switch)Voice Gateway (Don't know anything about it)Wireless Access Point (Still no...

Resolved! MS-NLB-virtserver

hellowe installed recently 2 microsoft servers that use network load balancing configured in NIC cards.as a consequence, i discovered that any packet sent to these servers is broadcasted to all switch ports!using sniffer i found that MAc destination ...

ohassairi by Level 5
  • 9 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Resolved! ISSU in 4503E

Hi all, I want to know that whether  ISSU feature is available in 4503-E ? i have heard someone was telling me that ISSU is only supported with redundant supervisers so 4503-E model doesnt support ISSU.Can someone pls confirm

Jonn cos by Level 4
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Getting teh following error on my config for a switch.00:36:26: %CDP-4-NATIVE_VLAN_MISMATCH: Native VLAN mismatch discovered on FastEthernet0/1 (1), with sw-testlab. dgit.net GigabitEthernet4/0/20 (104).lab1#show run int vlan 808Current configuration...

What is the reason behind sending the destination mac address first in an ethernet frame?one reson I can think of is- Seding the Dst MAC first will help the switch to take the forwarding decision (cut through switching tech) without waiting for the r...

Hi,I have a Cisco router 1941 with an ADSL card, connecting the ADSL line, i configured a dialer interface but couldnt understand how to bind the dialer with an ethernet interface. I think i should have a bridge cause there is an interface ethernet 0...

i just took over the network from someone who left the company. im trying to track down(on a 6509) what devices are connectied to the other side of an etherchannel. is it possiable to view the mac addresses that are connected to the etherchannel?

Hello,I have enabeld DHCP snooping on a VLAN and left it a few days an enabled Dynamic ARP Inspection and all is good apart from one user who has a static IP so he doesn't appear in the DHCP snooping bindings list, but his port goes into err-disabled...

Good day.In Cisco Catalyst 6500 Architecture White Paper that when modules archtecture considered CEF256 and dCEF256 have more differencies that siply absence and presence of DFC module. See pics bellow:                                               ...