Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hi,We're having some issues with a 3560 CPE. It's uplink is a GE fiber link, customer port is FE RJ45. We see a lot of TX-frames being dropped at the FE port, but none at the GE port. Even when the customer is only at ~50Mbit/s downstream traffic. Wh...

Resolved! 3750 Access list

I have implemented following configuration on my live setup. I am not facing any traffic related problems.But my only concern is that I can`t see any hit counts on below access list.Please find attachment for refernce diagram:Configuration on switch ...

HI alli am geting RTO while pinging my L3 switch 3750that happend after restarting switch,i have restarted it because i am not able to browse internet through URL,i am able to do it trough ip address ,so i restarted it not i am geting RTO Regards

madan by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi guys,I want to block ports 443, 5223, 3478. Anyone can help me if I'm doing the right thing? Below are the commands. Thanks.access-list 100 deny   tcp any any eq 443access-list 100 deny   udp any any eq 443access-list 100 deny   tcp any any eq 522...

Hi,I have a relatively straight forward question and was hoping to get some guidance or perhaps a solution.I currently have a 887VA-W sitting on 192.168.2.2 VLAN ID 1 network for my core network, purely for internet routing.I am building a new server...

I know that it is possible to make virtual switch link (VSL) between WS-X6708-10G modules.Do supervisors have also to be 10G, or is it possible to make VSS with sup 720-3B and VSL between 10G line cards?

Hi everyone,We want to connect two servers in two differnt floors ( floor 1 and 27) together for redundancy and fail over, what is the best way, is it through fiber and establishing a VLAN connection?cai it work as Active- Active or Active ...

moh123321 by Level 1
  • 8 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Just got Catalyst 2960G and it seems to be working fine but I've got an error message "portasic memory test failed" thats from the booting log.After upgradeto  IOS Release 15.0.2-SE2  ED issue was gone for maybe 10 minutes but now switch reporting sa...

tkalowski by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi all,I've got this weird situation in work that I can't get my head around.....We have two WAN routers. One is an MPLS router that is used to receive all routes from our WAN as well as a default, the routes are advertised via iBGP to router R1. To ...

I just installed a refurb'd 3560 48 port POE switch and configured all ports on VLAN100.  All Polycom IP 430 phones (with power adapter and without power adapter) constantly reboot every couple minutes.  Any Cisco 7960 phone does not constantly reboo...

tlange by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I got a wierd question.  I currently have an odd situation and am wondering what the reprocussions are to changing a subnet mask on a vlan. I have a core switch with an interface VLAN 5 which is 172.20.0.1 255.255.0.0This VLAN happens to be for all o...

Hi All,   We just ran the 'ip routing' command on our 3750x switch stack remotely and .. lost connectivity to the switch. All devices seem to be on and connected so we think the switch is still up, but can anyone tell us what happend? Why can't we ss...

milkboy33 by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

OSPF calculates cost for link based on bandwidth such as10/100/1000.  If I were to confgiure rate shaping such as confgiuring bandwdith of 20Mb on our WAN links, will OSPF calucalte for this.  I think I should just configure the cost manually for the...

abbas.ali by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,I have a requirement where there is a need to use Local DHCP Server when there is a WAN failure (Small site connected by a Single WAN link)Setup: Client ---- Switch ---- Router ---- WAN ----- Centralized DHCP Server. There is only 1 L3 device on r...

mkchandak by Level 1
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes