Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

hi all, I'm posting for question about mtu issue. almost ethernet(fast/gigia/ten-giga...) uses 1500bytes of mtu. as you know, mtu is a maxium size which router/switch can send for outgoing direction.(or onward)  so mtu is not a thing about receiving ...

Ray Han by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi, can you explain me meaning of "unallocated" lines in this output: core#show platform hardware acl statistics utilization brief CAM Utilization Statistics--------------------------                           Used          Free         Total        ...

Hi,We are seeing below SNMP traps from our Nexus device....{            'RFC1213-MIB::ifType.436391936' => {                                                 'value' => 'gigabitEthernet'                                               },            'dat...

deshaw by Level 1
  • 0 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

hii have usually heard that IPv6 resolved the problem of broadcasthowever today i read that the "neighbor discovery" ICMP message replaced the ARP requestbut this "neighbor discovery" is using the multicast as destination addressand if i m not wrong ...

ohassairi by Level 5
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi guys,I have packet loss with QoS configured and I was wondering is it somehow connected with the QoS configured on the switch.The traffic is passing through fa0/19 and gi0/1 interfaces.mls qos map cos-dscp 0 8 16 24 32 46 48 56mls qos srr-queue in...

Hi,We are currently experiencing an issue when we place a sub-if into a VRF.What we are seeing is when the sub-interface in configured out of the VRF the service works correctly, however when we place the SUB-IF into the vrf the upstream switch doesn...

in my LAN the all access layer switchs/stacks are connected directly to core backbone switch (cisco 6509) via sfp fiber-optici want to protect my spanning tree setup with the "root guard" command.1. where would i set this ? on uplink ports on access ...

I have an ASA 5505 with Security Plus LicenseAny help would be appreciated on the scenario below. I'm more familiar with asdm gui than command line.I have 5 Static IP Addresses from my ISPI have the following interfaces. Outside (vlan 2) / Inside (vl...

dpoynter01 by Level 1
  • 14 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi Everyone.I have set up IPSEC  tunnel in labOn both devices i see this message in logsDec  1 09:52:49.600 MST: %CRYPTO-4-RECVD_PKT_NOT_IPSEC: Rec'd packet not an IPSEC packet.(ip) vrf/dest_addr= /192.168.13.1, src_addr= 192.168.23.3, prot= 47Second...

mahesh18 by Level 6
  • 24 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi everybodyPlease consider the following example:          rest of network------f0/0-R2- f0/1---------------------R3R2#show ip routeC    200.200.200.0/24 is directly connected, FastEthernet0/1C    199.199.199.0/24 is directly connected, FastEthernet...

sarahr202 by Level 5
  • 9 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card