Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hello Experts Id be grateful if someone could help me out If we were to do VSS with  4500's or 6500's, which models would support it?Looking to support a line card  that has 48 SFP gig slots for a core/distribution layer.ChassisModel NoSupervisor Eng...

All,In our environment we have some HP chassis, and with them there are blade switches. Lately, we've been seeing some drops on few servers connected on the blade switch ports. The switch model is WS-CBS3120X-S. And below is the tx drop for two inter...

Ok so there are hundreds of Private Vlan videos and documents and they all start and end the same way.They all leave out the non-private vlan and uplink port communications.Switch 4900m_B     primary vlan 50     Isolated vlan 51     promiscuous port ...

fsebera by Level 4
  • 0 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have a subnet with a GPS clock on it that connects into a Cisco 3750. The 3750 has another subnet hanging off of it that connects into a firewall then to a server. I need the server to get time from the GPS clock. Can any one suggest a way to pass ...

Hi all,read the posts regarding vlans that are administratively down, they suggested that they are down if no ports are assigned to them, however I do have a switchport assigned, and the interface is still down. This is on the vtp server and on the c...

sfabel by Level 1
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello, I have a 2811 router which is running IOS 12.3(8r)T7.I want to install IOS 15 into it using "c2800nm-adventerprisek9-mz.151-4.M5.bin"My question is, when I replace the IOS with the file above file, will I need to activate it with a key or simi...

fran19422 by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I need to upgrade the ROMMON to correct a vulnerability issue (PSIRT: 62573_FN_62573_RouterAS535) and am trying to load the recommended "C2800NM_RM2.srec.124-13r.T5" file into our 2821 routers...can anyone tell me what directory to put in in please? ...

Hello All,I waswondering if somebody can guide me with the following situation.We have two 6500 core switches and one(primary) of them is running in VTP transparesnt mode and the other (secondary) one is running in VTP client mode. I would like to ch...

HiI Have a 6509 witch a sup vs-Sup2T,  and I´m very confuse for to configure QoS. is diferent in the old supervisor..What is the command similar to map cos to DSCP..  lookThis is a configuration in a sw 4507qos map dscp 56 to tx-queue 1qos map cos 1 ...

rc5295509 by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi guys,While i try to telnet the 3500 switch, Not able to telnet. Automatically U.Name is come in three times without type anythingfind the below screenshot for reference. If i type user name it showing connection to host lost,but i can able to logi...

I have a SG300-28P and a SF200-24P connected via LAG Group.  SG300 routes.  I also have 2 VC240 IP Cameras.  They are connected on ports 18 and 19 on the SF300.  If I lose power, reboot or anything that makes the switches restart, the configuration i...

Todd Vohs by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Does anyone know if Private Vlans are supported on the Cisco 4900m switch when set in VTP version 3 and VTP disabled?Most documents just specify VTY transparent mode without mentioning the version, trying not to assume since this is production.TksFra...

fsebera by Level 4
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes