Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

HelloCan someone help me explain the output of sh spanning-tree int gi 1/2I have an output here which is confusing interface GigabitEthernet1/2 no switchport trunk native vlan tag switchport private-vlan host-association 958 2958 switchport mode priv...

chandu.84 by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello,Could anyone please explain me this route reflector rule, that states: a route received from a non-client router is not forwarded a client router.What could be its purpose ? Loop prevention is managed by different attibutes so... I cannot think...

I've problem with port-channel.The link between WS-C4507R-E and WS-C3508G-XL is a port-channel, and configuration is the following.WS-C4507R-Einterface GigabitEthernet1/10switchport access vlan 166switchport mode accessload-interval 30channel-group 1...

hi everybody.Another weird scenario, I hope you guys can help me with that. ( access switch)---trunk----Distribution sw ------distance 40 miles------Core switch       Our design requires distribution switch should be connected to core switch using et...

sarahr202 by Level 5
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello, I was wondering what standard procedure was with regards to switch management VLANs.i.e. I have created an out-of-band vlan on a series of switches for the purpose of management.I have spare interfaces on these switches. Do I go ahead now and ...

fran19422 by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

hi ,i want to gurtantee bandwidth for some users in ACL  , and my request is to gurantee 15 mega for users and dont give hem any additional bw ,im using router 7600 and this router doesnt accept the command bandwith in  policymap config . do i depend...

Dr.X by Level 2
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi everybody.I just want to clarify something my book says about Cam table look up.h1----------access link--Multilayer sw----------interneth1 is using 199.199.199.1 as default gateway; multilayer sw is configured with :int vlan 1199.199.199.1/24Let a...

sarahr202 by Level 5
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi everybody Please consider the following scenario:Sw(config)# access-list 120 permit tcp any host 199.199.199.2 eq smtpthe above access list is applied outbound on an interface  on the above switch.Suppose  switch receives a packet with destination...

sarahr202 by Level 5
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi experts,•1)      I have configured 4 VLANS on my L3 switch.•2)       I have one router which has connected 2 ISP link•3)      L3 switch & router has connected each other through L3 link.(which has different subnet)•4)      VLANS on L3 switch ( vla...

Hi,Could someone please explain to me how the following regular expressions work?^123_.*_45$ = This looks to me as though it would match an AS starting with 123 and ending in 45 with only 1 AS in between them.^123_.*45 = What does this match? the boo...

Aileron88 by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Is it enough to set the default gateway for the DHCP clients in the wifi router to the gateway for the management VLAN? and to configure the port connected to the wifi router as a access port for the management vlan? The SVI for the management VLAN i...

ADAman by Level 1
  • 12 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

1)Can any one brief me about difference between CAM & tcam?                        2)Back plane speed of 4507 R ,4507E , 6509,6509EI had gone through lot of doccuments but ther are confusing.Thanks