Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hi everybody!We need to create a new campus lan, with some requirements:     1. We have many clients and these clients can not communicate, trough our network. (security requirement).     2. One client have a requirement to have one firewall between ...

Hello Everyone, i am looking for some help to get eigrp routes to take precedense of eigrp routes.I have an adtran distributing bgp routes from my mpls to a cisco c1700 which is also recieving eigrp routes from my cisco 2600 over my point to point co...

I have one 4506E switch working in Lan setup as a core switch with WS-X45-SUP6L-E running ipbase IOS 12.2(54)SG1. Each time after reload the switch we found that the clock is getting reset ( time is getting changed ) where as day, date & year is unch...

HiI have 2 Cisco 6509 switches linked together via single Fibre as a trunk.I want to change this to a port channel where I will add another 3 fibre ports to the port channel but what order do I do this to minimise any disruption.1 Configure PortChann...

Hello Cisco'ersI have the following scenario:2 ASA's in Active Standby Failover config. Connected to a switch in a VLAN10.To connect this to a Wlan Controller, do i need to set the switchport as trunk?If yes, why?Hope somebody can release me from the...

I am configuring a pair of Cisco 3750e Switches for Etherchannel to use on a VM ESX server.  I would appreciate your assistance to review my config to be sure that the interfaces do not flap or start a spanning tree loop.  Please see below.  Thank yo...

Need some help. I have a watchguard firewall configured as drop-in mode. From the firewall created 2 secondary network 10.100.0.0/21 and 10.100.8.0/21. On the fiewall on a separate interface I assigned the 10.100.8.1/21 On the 3750 have configured vl...

I have tried to make policy based routing on Cisco 3560. I use ipservices ios (SW version 12.2.(50)SE3 and SW-IMAGE C3560-IPSERVICESK9-M)  For below configuration there is no problem and pbr is working.“Access-list 100 permit ip host  1.1.1.1 host 2....

mukremin13 by Level 1
  • 16 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Resolved! NAT/PAT and VFR

Hi everyone,I've been hunting around the web trying to find out why virtual fragmentation reassembly is automatically configured on interfaces that are configured for NAT but have been unable to find a solid answer. I've speculated it might be becaus...

bazzaroo by Level 1
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

On a current Catalyst product Is it better to assign an IP address directly to a VLAN interface or to assign an IP address to a Loopback interface that is in a particular VLAN?  What are the benefits or pitfalls of either method?

kpieckiel by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello,I've configured this in the past where you have 2 users on a switch with different privileges:username admin privilege 15 secret 5 $1$xhbN$3KuZkWG81username users privilege 3 secret 5 $1$fW/K$I2fQEJRd7s5When either account is used normally I wo...

Resolved! VLAN Advice

Before I implement the VLAN setup I have configured I want to make sure I did all of it correctly.Router SG300 L3 Router 192.168.0.93VLAN10 - ServersVLAN20 - Building B FOH - 192.168.2.1VLAN30 - Building B BOH - 192.168.3.1VLAN40 - Building A - 192.1...