Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hi,I just need to check that we purchased this license for one of my customer.C4500E-IP-ESPaper   IP to Ent Services LicenseIs it just a paper license or we need to put the activation key in IOS during installation? Like ISR G2 routers?regards,Nouman

nomykhan by Level 1
  • 0 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

i have cisco Cisco 1921 (CISCO1921/K9) and i brouht additional switch card to it but Router does notsupport it because of IOS software, i found from forums that software needed is 15.2 ,our cisco is running Version 15.0(1)M4 of IOS. So i wanted to up...

Scenario:Our network is divided into VLANs for every floor of our building, Cisco 3750 being the core switch and Linksys SGE2000 as edge switches to every floor.Manage IP for the switches is 192.168.200.0/24The IP at the 10th floor is 192.168.10.0/24...

bgtabudlo by Level 1
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi, I currently have an issue with one of our 6513's. When the switch is physically powered off and back on it fails to boot and sits in rommon. Not only that but it also loses the startup-config file from nvram and the pre-set boot parameters both f...

Hi folks, we are deploying Nexus 5k in our infrastructure and will be recieving the layer-3 daughter cards shortly to enable the layer-3 functionality on them. Once they are installed, i believe i will be able to convert my physical ethernet ports to...

I have a Dlink Router that I just got because my old access point died.  The new one does not allow me to make the wireless router act like just an access point.In order to get the internet and access to my network via the dlink, I need to establish ...

jwood1650 by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,I have created a route between two switches that I plan to connect at two different locations.One is at main site and has the following VLAN, route interface and routes:interface Vlan16 ip address 10.45.16.252 255.255.255.0interface GigabitEtherne...

Hi,I am planning on deployment of 2 cisco switches. They will be located at different floors with the fiber uplink between them. The questions is how can I put them in a stack utilizing the uplinks? I can not use the normal stack cables as the switch...

Hello,I am deploying a pair of Nexus 5596's with 3750 POE switches in the closets.  I'm looking for a best practice as how to configure the Nexus 5596 to support proper QoS for EF at the core.  If there is a good doc on how to explain this, that woul...

jecker by Level 1
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello,I currently have a wired router (Cisco RV042), a wireless router (Cisco WRT110), and a switch for my network.  I have the RV042 on a 192.168.5.1 subnet, and that is where my server and other local resources are.  I wanted to add wireless for gu...